HAI / Leviton OMNI IIe Panel Notifier Board

zinger084

Hello,

First post.  I've been trolling the forums often lately and it seems like a very good place for information on home automation...

I recently began installing a Omni IIe board at my house.

First, a general question/comment:  HAI was bought by Leviton.  Is Leviton doing away with the "Omni" line and going with the "Lumina" line, or are these still separate?  Are they going to continue supporting the Omni line?

Question two:  I'm going to buy the Notifier Board to be able to text/email alerts, but from what I'm seeing, you need the dealer PC access (i don't have this version).  Can i program it through the console once it's attached to the main board, or will i absolutely need the dealer PC access version?

Question three:  it looks like some places sell leviton online and some places require distributors and reps.  what's the best place to buy HAI/Leviton items?  Say this notifier board for example - it's like finding a needle in a haystack for places to buy it...

Thanks all.

JonW said:
Q1: Leviton is not doing away with the Omni.  The Lumina is built off the Omni, but has the security alarm features disabled.  
Q2: Yes, you need PCA to program the notifier board.
Q3: Google the part number 20A30-1 and check prices at all the resultant sites.

http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/product_info.php?products_id=5078

I did a google search, but there wasn't a lot of sites that came up.  It appears the ASI price is very good.  Are they reputable?

Since I bought the end user software for $70, is that basically going to be worthelss since I need the $180 "dealer" version which just adds a few minor tweaks, one being the notifier programming?

Is there a different way to send notifications, or is this is? 

RAL said:
Automated Outlet is a good source for HAI components, as well as other brands.  And they support the Cocoontech community.

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/Home/20A30-1

Thanks.  I've looked into their site before and I assume they are reputable.

It appears the ASI price is very good.  Are they reputable?
Yes

Since I bought the end user software for $70, is that basically going to be worthless since I need the $180 "dealer" version which just adds a few minor tweaks,

You will need the "dealer" version.  It is a bit more than a few minor tweaks to it.  You will be happy with it.

one being the notifier programming?

Yes for the Email notifier board (optional).

Automated Outlet ....and I assume they are reputable.

Yes

Is there a different way to send notifications, or is this is?

Yes.  Snaplink for one.

Many third party software companies support your panel.  Check out the forum below by the HAI section.

Welcome to the Cocoontech Forum zinger084.

Back