HAI Touchscreen Designer templates

dwalt

As Cocoontech is becoming a repository for all things HAI related......
It would be helpful if some volunteers would post some of their HAI Touchscreen Designer templates. I found it a pain to start from scratch.
It would be nice to see what others have done and pickup a few tips.
Thanks,
@dwalt

First attempt here to export a template. Very tiny file. Those with the designer software please test this template.

Years ago here on Cocoontech did see some pictures of some nice designs. Here tested OmniTouchPro running on my HP tablets (W11) and it runs very fast in Windows 11.

Concurrently here have used the Homeseer Touchscreen designer which works better for me than the HAI designer. I have yet to master using the HAI screen designer. (years now - cuz I never really change the OmniPro 2 configurations).

Noticed that the designer is using the controller file on start up so that is not in the template. I did remove the IP for my one testing camera. The design is very stripped down. I noticed when putting weather maps and colored icons et al in the Omnitouch 5.7e screen it slowed down to a crawl. The camera view is just a JPG per second capture...and is very slow.

I am running the HAI touchscreen designer application (32bit) on Windows 2016 64bit and accessing the server via RDP from my mostly Ubuntu Linux laptops / desktop here.

It is playing back events here...logs of the garage door which is currently closed (secure).

Screen looks like this:

Omnitouch5.7e.jpg

The tabletop HAI screen designs have more screens, color, web pages et al...and much faster. Tabletops are using Intel Atom based CPUs running embedded Windows (of old).

To test this template do the following:

1 - use the PCA controller file as a base configuration for the designer.
2 - load up the template and run the simulator...easy button stuff.

BTW you can run the simulator and not upload the design to the Omnitouch 5.7e for a look see. It does take more than a minute to upload the new firmware to the screen (personally its minutes and very slow).

Base / stock Omnitouch 5.7e template is included in the examples directory.

Base57e.jpg

57Simulator.jpg

Attachments

• Hallway-013023.zip
    374 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back