Haiku Haiku Configuration Resetting

Hello,
I posted here before about an issue with a customer whose Haiku configuration on their iPhone was being erased frequently. I have been able to now replicate the issue on my end and I'd like to see what can be done to resolve it. I setup Haiku for their controller on my iPad and it works fine forever when the device is never plugged into a computer. I can plug my iPad into my desktop Mac which my iPad typically syncs with and there is no problem. Today I was out in the field and needed to charge my iPad and so I plugged it into my MacBook Air which caused iTunes to open. I just quit iTunes, but now I notice Haiku is back to defaults asking to add a controller. I talked to the customer and it seems he frequently plugs his iPhone into his iMac at work to charge it. My guess this is the cause of his issue as well. What can be done to resolve this. I'm sure you agree you should be able to plug your iDevice into another computer to charge and not loose your Haiku configuration.

If you have any suggestions I can provide my customer that would be helpful. He finds it frustrating I have to re-set it up so frequently. All of the other 3 iPads (used as touch panels) and his personal iPad work fine, but they are never synced to a computer (or if they are, they are to the same one). They are just charged through iPorts on the wall.

I think you are correct that the issue is related to syncing, however its an issue with iTunes, possibly an older version of iTunes or a third party sync tool of some sort. Of course you should be able to plug the device into another computer without losing files. I think the fix may be to update all computers you sync with to the latest version of iTunes. This is not an issue with Haiku as Haiku has no control over the sync process, this is all handled by iOS and iTunes. Haiku simply sees that the files are gone when it starts, but what happens before then is still unknown. I do think that updating all machines to the latest version of iTunes should work though, unless of course Apple still hasn't fixed this bug. Its probably related to connecting to a machine that was at some point synced with the device (previously) and it is making some sort of wrong assumption on what to do with the existing data.

I know I have the latest version of iTunes and iOS running on my Macs. I will try to replicate the issue on a fresh install of OS X and see if it persists. Will try to narrow down more possibilities.

Back