New Insteon Products (or Not)

But was that 25 different etchings, or all 25 the same? How much would it be for 1 "Kitchen", 1 "side yard" 1 "back yard", 2 "stairs", 2 "Keith's Office", "1 Véronique's Office", etc. ? That's not to say that one can't get one-offs done locally for a reasonable price, but I doubt you'll get them done anywhere for 25 cents each.
Yup. 25 all the same. Setup was $25 and they were $3 each.

i still think there was a mass walkout from smartlabs - the brain drain seems to coincide with a few new companies marketing insteon products - located in socal also - i just wish one would make an insteon outlet

slooplinc
-------------------------------------------------------------------
(please do not out my posts on the smarthome forum boardlinc)
Sloop
Where did you hear about a "walkout"? When I was there about a month ago all seemed quite happy and there was an article in the local paper about SmartLabs/SmartHome being one of Orange Counties best places to work!
HLS

its just my speculation - at one time, smarthome produced products - after this 'revolutionary insteon' product fanfare (with all its promises), i no longer see much new from them - the socketlinc and remotelinc things were late and the only new things i can recall being released in quite some time - (and from what i have read, the socketthingy has had some problems) - but there has been a lotta etching frenzy - nothing wrong with it - but come on - not even an outlet? not filling a lotta product holes lately - so a new policy is implemented that no longer gives out product release dates

houselinc is plagued with problems and there never any fixes - well - one was released lately that has caused problems for some people

there are two new companies in the same area that are producing new insteon products - i speculated that there was a walkout, but someone else hinted that they were 'let go' - i bet that is closer to the truth than my speculation - i have noticed that the people from both these companies seem to know each other also

combine that with the 'new and improved' pricing and discount codes - leads me to believe the techs lost the war at smarthome and the mbas are now in chqarge

its just my speculation - at one time, smarthome produced products - after this 'revolutionary insteon' product fanfare (with all its promises), i no longer see much new from them - the socketlinc and remotelinc things were late and the only new things i can recall being released in quite some time - (and from what i have read, the socketthingy has had some problems) - but there has been a lotta etching frenzy - nothing wrong with it - but come on - not even an outlet? not filling a lotta product holes lately - so a new policy is implemented that no longer gives out product release dates

houselinc is plagued with problems and there never any fixes - well - one was released lately that has caused problems for some people

there are two new companies in the same area that are producing new insteon products - i speculated that there was a walkout, but someone else hinted that they were 'let go' - i bet that is closer to the truth than my speculation - i have noticed that the people from both these companies seem to know each other also

combine that with the 'new and improved' pricing and discount codes - leads me to believe the techs lost the war at smarthome and the mbas are now in chqarge

Maybe they made scapegoats out of a few people?

it could be - or - it could be that any product bearing the 'insteon' logo has to pay a royalty - it could be that if you saved your company a chunk of change by getting rid of some socal rate salaries and benefits, your stock price would rise - it could be that some people could benefit from that - especially if they have an 'option' to buy stocks at a somewhat recuced rate

might be beneficial to have a company making hardware other than yourself, since i have not seen anything from the 'allied partners'

might be an attempt to take the company public (if its not already)

like i said - i don't know the reason - but (to me) it seems something has changed at smarthome - i suspect all the nerdlincs lost their jobs - i also suspect these new companies are those employees - i hope they are successful and make lots of big time money - however - i hate that smarthome will benefit from their success

it would be interesting though if you start a corporation, hire some nerdlincs, have them develop a technology that is patented with the corporation holding that patent, fire the nerdlincs, have them go out and begin making hardware and pay you royalties, then slash the expenses of the original company until its a shell that holds a patent, then sit back and enjoy the money without any of the expenses, headaches and liability risk associated with running a company

jeez - i seem to have this whole conspiracy thing goin on here - lol - i really do not lie awake pondering this - just a stream of consciousness rambling

This, plus the RF patent wars.... it's funny that an industry that is supposed to be about bringing convenience through technology into every home is tripping over its own shoelaces.

Back