New member...looking for more than just DIY

schwarma

I just bought a house and my "boss" wants the peace of mind of a security system.  I'm comfortable setting up an alarm system from the tech side but not handy enough nor do I really want to rewire my house to add the system (Elk M1, DSC, etc.).  Maybe I don't know enough about these (or I'm too lazy).  

So I'm looking to go wireless with something that also allows for future HA upgrades (z-wave, etc.).  Has anyone looked at the other players such as ScoutAlarm.com, Link Interactive, or Frontpoint?

Hmm.  I can't edit my original post?

Added note: I'll have to do some searching on the site to see what people think - I didn't want anyone here thinking I wasn't searching myself :)

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like you want to get a security system with wireless sensors that can later be expanded into home automation. Both Elk and HAI boards can support up to 64 wireless zones with a variety of sensors via GE Interlogic wireless bridge, and HAI has its own array of sensors. You can get more info from this site:

www.automatedoutlet.com

Elk can support far more zones than 64 on a single receiver, 10 groups up to zone 160, less the reserved 16 on the board for a total of 144. Unfortunately, though the HAI is a robust panel, it's wireless offering was an afterthought and is lacking by comparison.

Back