Omnistat2 RC2000 with Geothermal & Radiant Floors?

coope08

I just moved into a house that has a hydronic geothermal heat pump for forced air (heating/cooling) and a heat exchanger for radiant floors (connected to the geothermal unit).  The radiant floors are connected to a zone controller that basically controls the temp on the 3 zones/pumps.  There are 2 thermostats for each of the three zones, one for the floor and one for the forced air.  The radiant floor is also hydronic in a 4" concrete slab and is the primary heat source.  The current thermostats are tekmar 519 for the floors and honeywell VisionPro 8000.  Also, each unit has a 24V transformer.

I wanted to swap these out with Omnistat2 RC-2000 and use one to control both the floor and the forced air in each zone instead of having separate thermostats.  I also have a OmniProII for security that I want to eventually tie it into.

I'm completely novice with the whole automation thing so bare with me please.  I tried swapping the thermostats out  - but failed :)  Getting the forced heat/air to work was fine, I had an issue getting the floors working.  There were very few wires in that thermostat so I thought it would be easy.  It had a blue wire going to "C", a red wire to "R", a white wire to "W1" and then it had two other wires (red and white) going to a slab sensor (red to "S1" and white to "Comm" - both have "No Power" labeled across the top of them).

I connected:
Tekmar -- Omnistat
C -- C
R-- RH
W1 -- B (this could have been part of the problem).

I could not get the slab sensor to work.  I was hoping I could set that up as an external temperature sensor but the Omnistat would not read the sensor.  I tried various combinations of connecting the red/white wires to the temp sensor pins but none were successful.

I then connected the wires from the Honeywell over:
Honeywell -- Omnistat
RC -- RC
G -- G
Y -- Y1
Y2 -- Y2
L/A -- L
Aux-E -- W2
O/B -- O

As mentioned above, the forced air heating/cooling worked but I could not tell if the floors were working.  I was also unsure of the system setting I should use, Geo Heat Pump, Geo Dual Fuel, Zone Control (pretty sure not this one as this was only a single stage and I need two stage heat).

Any suggestions on the wiring for this or where I can find a good resource?

Thanks!

Back