Omnitouch 5.7e question

picta

Hi Cocooners!

I have recently acquired a couple of old omnitouch 5.7e touchscreens and they seem to work with my omnipro2 controller and I can see my cameras on the Cameras page. I would like to pop up the camera image based on a trigger. I see this in the manual: "Camera images can be programmed to automatically pop-up on specified touchscreens based upon anevent (e.g. driveway sensor is tripped". However I cannot figure out how to do this as I cannot find the required touchscreen address or how to tell the OP2 about the touchscreens to use. I would appreciate any hint!

Also curious if anyone have ever been able to program this function on Omnitouch 7.

However I cannot figure out how to do this as I cannot find the required touchscreen address or how to tell the OP2 about the touchscreens to use.

Test it by creating an automation couple of lines:

1 - if zone is open
2 - then do a screen pop up of whatever number touchscreen in the touchscreen list. 

It does not work with the OmniTouch 5.7e.  Tried it this afternoon with one exit door and adjacent touchscreen.

It did work with the OmniTouch 5.7 serial screens then it didn't work and I opened a ticket with Leviton a couple of years back. 

They fixed it but I never checked the Omnitouch 5.7e screens until today.

Pete

I have tried sending the command "show camera" from PC access, but it takes touchscreen address as an argument and I cannot tell what address does the touchscreen have and where to set it. I have 2 touchscreens, so at least on of them should be configured with a different address than a default. I tried to send the command to touchscreen 1-16, none have worked.

Yeah only the old Omnitouch 5.7 serial screens have console addresses and used analog video on the same wires going to the touchscreen via the Video controller / Console hub.

The newer Omnitouch 5.7e's have either a static or DHCP address but no console address.

To configure IP address of Omnitouch 5.7e and controller address you hold your finger on an empty area on the screen (here my top right side) until a menu comes up.  There are tabs on the menu for static or DHCP address and controller address and touchscreen settings.  Once you hit the bottom OK it saves the configuration.

There is no setting in PCA for the Omnitouch 5.7e screens.

Console address or number is used for ==> keypads and Omnitouch serial screens
Omnitouch 5.7e's ==> no PCA configuration
Omnitouch 7's ==> PCA Omnitouch 7 configuration

My automation event for the pop up camera only shows console addresses (1,2,3, x,y,z) and no IP addresses here.  I do not have any Omnitouch 7 screens.

With the 5.7e, you can do what you want with Automation Studio. You can set up your Automation Programming to trigger HAI Buttons (only used in programming) and then have the screen pop-up the camera. Worthington has an online training on how to do it on their University site.

ASIHome said:
With the 5.7e, you can do what you want with Automation Studio. You can set up your Automation Programming to trigger HAI Buttons (only used in programming) and then have the screen pop-up the camera. Worthington has an online training on how to do it on their University site.

Thanks for the tip! I found the training video and going to give it a try.

Back