PC Access in Linux

pete_c

Guru
I have written here about running PC Access in Wine. 

I have been able to get it to run in 32 bit mode but still was having issues with it.

Historically used Oracle VBs (Windows) to run it.

Yesterday installed PC Access on PlayOnLinux and it is working well.

I did not have to add anything manually to PlayOnLinux to get PC Access to work. 

Automagically it did install Mono for Wine while concurrently installing PCA.

It worked out of the box.

I did notice too that the downloading of any updates when checking Leviton HAI updates does utilize your serial number when downloading any updates.

Snaplink and HAI OmniPro Touch also works fine in PlayOnLinux.

Good to know. I'll have to try that out. I only end up running Windows for a few minor programs and this is one of them

Yes here just like putting the icon on my Linux desktop and not having to run a VM/VB of windows. 

I rarely touch PCA these days other than maybe a firmware / PCA update.

Today tried installing PC Access onto PlayOnMac, however during installation it errors out with "Wine has crashed." Has anyone gotten this to work on a Mac?

mtgoat said:
Today tried installing PC Access onto PlayOnMac, however during installation it errors out with "Wine has crashed." Has anyone gotten this to work on a Mac?

Good news mtgoat.

What is not working for me is the updating stuff.  It errors out with the link from the xml file.  So I just used the link and downloaded newest version of PCA and installed it over the original one installed. 

I have my configurations on the NAS drive and didn't have it mapped out such that I just copied the OP2 configuration to the local playforlinux directory. 

Yes here noticed when creating the separate drive/container for PCA it asked which version of Wine I would like to install.  I installed newest beta that was listed in the PlayOnLinux list.  It then automagically installed Mono.

PCA connects fine to the IP of the OmniPro 2 panel.  Just haven't mapped a network drive to the configuration.  Thinking too it is a similiar networking issue with the updating.  IE: playforlinux PCA  container is not configured to go to the internet.

Back