Recomendations on controlling my Somfy shades

Mr Spock

I've got some Somfy IWT series shades connected to my OPII panel.  Until I have my fancy touchscreen interface setup I need to have operation of the shades for the wife.  If she can't make them work in the interim I'm in big trouble.

My plan was to use UPB tabletop controllers (SA US2-80TP) to send UPB commands and have HAI move the shades.  I can get basic full up/down and step (partial) up/down control this way, but the only way I've found to do it to use separate UPB buttons.  Not intuitive.

In UPStart I have the tabletop controller setup as Mode Super Multi-Button.  This seems right.  It allows one link to do the following:
Single-Tap = full up.
Double-Tap = full down.
Double-Tap & Hold = fade up (step up).
Single-Tap & Hold = fade down (step down).

But on the HAI side I can't seem to create a automation trigger to deal with button Hold.  I have separate automation events for full up and full down.  That works.  But there is no trigger for hold so I can't do the step up or step down using the same UPB button as full up and full down.

Can anyone think of a better way to do this?  The reason I'm using UPB is because I can plug it in anywhere in the house.

Thanks.

Back