RP2 rules help

Done and works like a charm. This is what I ended up using:

WHENEVER Basement Stairs (Zn14) BECOMES NOT SECURE
     AND Basement Motion (Zn 12) BYPASS STATE IS NOT BYPASSED
        THEN BYPASS Basement Motion (Zn12)

WHENEVER Basement Stairs (Zn14) BECOMES NOT SECURE
    AND Basement Motion (Zn12) BYPASS STATE IS BYPASSED
        THEN UNBYPASS Basement Motion (Zn12)

Zone 12 is set to Burglar Perimeter Instant and is set to bypassable.

Now on to the garage door...

Thanks for all the help.

Tom

I can imagine a case where you might enter the stairs, causing the first rule to execute and bypass the zone.

Then, say you pause on the stairs for some reason, and the stairway motion detector changes back to the secure state again.  When you start moving again the stairway motion detector will go non-secure a second time, and unbypass the zone.  Next thing you know, the alarm goes off.

You can avoid this by having the first rule start a counter and use the counter in the second rule to prevent it from executing for 30 seconds or so to make sure you have really made it all the way down the stairs.

Thought I'd revisit this thread again after getting all of the bugs worked out.

RAL was correct in that there needed to be some sort of counter to keep the stairs motion sensor from unbypassing the basement if someone pauses on the stairs. There was also no allowance for a second person the go downstairs. I tried using a phantom counter on one of the outputs, but that didn't work right for me. What did work well was setting a counter to 10 and decrementing it once every 6 seconds if the stairway sensor was secure. That bypasses the basement motion detector for at least 60 seconds at the first sense of someone on the stairs. It also allows me to announce when the basement sensor is about to rearm. I used 30 seconds, (when the counter reaches 3).

Anyway, this seems to work very well and so far there have been no surprises:

WHENEVER Basement Stairs (Zn 14) BECOMES NOT SECURE
    THEN BYPASS Basement Motion (Zn 12)
    THEN SET Basement (Counter 1) TO 10

WHENEVER EVERY 6 SECONDS
    AND Basement Stairs (Zn 14) IS SECURE
    THEN SUBTRACT 1 FROM Basement (Counter 1)

WHENEVER Basement (Counter 1) CHANGES TO 3
    THEN ANNOUNCE Miscellaneous 1 (vm239) "Basement Motion Detector Armed Thirty Seconds"

WHENEVER Basement (Counter 1) CHANGES TO 0
    THEN UNBYPASS Basement Motion (Zn 12)

Tom

Back