Schlage Zwave Deadbolt Bridge to tie into Control System

cooljoe04

Hello all,

I have been lurking around on the site enjoying some of the posts (and even found myself replying to one already!), but I have been unable to find an answer to my specific question so I will see if anyone has any insight into it.

Let me outline what I would like the end result to be:

My front door has a regular thumb entry and a separate deadbolt. I have recently gotten certified in Infinias access control systems which is essentially a network-based access control system. I would like to tie the deadbolt into the access control system so that I could use a prox card in addition to keys on my front door to enter the house. I have been looking into the Schlage LiNK deadbolt as I have a schlage keyway on my house (which I would like to keep), and because it can be integrated into the internet via zwave and a wireless bridge.

Infinias access control products communicate to other systems and devices via an HTTP get/send request. If it accepts HTTP requests, then I can write a driver and get it to the system to unlock the deadbolt when I swipe a valid card or type in a valid access code (which I will have auto-disarm my alarm too.)

The problem I am unsure of, and the reason I am asking my question is because the Schlage LiNK system will connect my deadbolt to the Schlage website so you can lock/unlock it from there; however, I do not think I will be able to access my account on their site via a simple Get/Send request from the Infinias system due to AES security/javascript/java/flash/etc that they might be using to secure it and connect to/control the bridge at my house.
Does anyone know of a zwave bridge that would give the zwave devices a local network connection so that I could to tie it into my other systems without the security/javascript/etc?

Status of the door lock, as well as the ability to lock and unlock is what I am looking for and I'm sure someone could make a very simple custom device to do it if one doesn't exist, I just don't know where to look so I am asking for a little help for my odd-ball setup from fellow experts to see if anyone else has come across a product that would work.

The Schlage AD-series system is exactly what I need because I could put a lock on the door, get wireless access to it via the PIM to process proximity card reads, entry codes, etc., have it unlock the door or lock the door on a schedule, or whenever I want, get status on the lock, etc HOWEVER, they don't make a deadbolt for that series product! So if I can get the deadbolt to work some other way I can just put my own wired prox reader/keypad by the front door and hook it up to the Infinias control system directly and still get the same result just in a wired version.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I hope what I am asking for makes sense to everyone.

Thank you!
Joey

Back