Haiku simplest way to archive HAI Omni event logs using HH?

JS19707 I agree but I hate to put my password in script that is unencrypted. I guess I could setup a haiku specific email address for that which makes sense....

I ran the above script with the every 10 minutes option and haven't received one for several hours. I tried it yesterday and then realized I had the wrong email address! I feel bad for that other neil if it was working - but I don't think it was. Anyway I copied and pasted it just as you had it. Any thoughts?

There is a problem with this script however as it looks like the message to be sent is too large and our server will not allow it through. We'll have to look at either increasing the message size limit or letting HaikuHelper do the actual e-mailing directly using your own SMTP server.

I see now so it uses your mail server by default. Sorry I have probably been bombarding them - my apologies. Yes a more robust mail option would be ideal. I could utilize gmails smtp server since I am not relaying but emailing myself. Any idea when this might happen? In the meantime can I write to a log file?

Sure, use helper.logToExternalFile('Events.log', text) instead of sendMail() similar to the first post.

We're working on better email functionality.

I believe it should be:

helper.logToExternalFile('Events.log', message)

instead of:

helper.logToExternalFile('Events.log', text)

Back