Smoke setup help

When you apply +12V to the trigger at the MOD, what does the output on the 2 wire loop to the field devices do? What is the voltage and polarity with the field wiring removed?

You have this connected as a 4 wire fire zone at the panel, yes?

@DEL, yes its looks as a 4 wire zone to the panel.  I believe I have some resolution.  Perhaps those of you who understand the product can help me to ensure I am on the right road.

Quick background story...  I was going to use 4 wire smokes.  Had all the hardware lined up.  Electrician went to put up smokes and says whoops I only ran for 2 wire.  I buy new smokes and did not re-buy the COSMOD cause I was told the COSMOD4W and COSMOD2W were interchangeable.

Fast forward to this morning, SystemSensor tech support tells me they are not interchangeable and I need the COSMOD2W.  Trying to use the COSMOD4W is my issue - or so he says.

So I was trying to use the COSMOD4W because I was told they are the same.  Make any sense?

Thanks for the input.

I didn't think/know it was an issue.  I had it under good authority - or so I thought, that the modules were interchangeable.

I am assuming I am on the right track considering your remark.

Look at the installation diagrams and the links you posted. Your own worst enemy.

Very different items and functionality.

Thanks for the help...  I have been my own worst enemy many times in this project, surely not the first, or the last.

Back