temperature sensor other than M1ZTS

rexwilson

I'm looking to install remote temperature sensors in various rooms. I already have one M1ZTS, but don't like the fact that it has to be installed on the primary M1 board, as I want to install more and put them on input expander boards. (the main M1 board is full, with more important life safety devices). Since any zone can be programmed to measure voltage input, maybe there's a way to rig something up with another manufacturer's temperature sensor. Anybody have any experience with this?

It would be cool if there was a whole range of environmental sensors, temp, wind, humidity, etc., that were scaled to the voltage input range of an M1 input. Any home automation system could take the data and translate it into the appropriate units for display while internal panel logic could trip events or alarms based on the voltage value.

upstatemike said:
It would be cool if there was a whole range of environmental sensors, temp, wind, humidity, etc., that were scaled to the voltage input range of an M1 input. Any home automation system could take the data and translate it into the appropriate units for display while internal panel logic could trip events or alarms based on the voltage value.
CAO Tags have all that plus a dozen different ways to transmit the data into a HA system. I use 7 Tags with my ISY994i. Nothing else required and I get temp, humidity, dewpoint, lux, angle X, Y, Z, out of range, and a heartbeat from the KumoApp code I installed.

Unfortunately it uses some cloud access to enable it. Most transmits are from the manager to my ISY994 on my LAN only.

Larry, these look interesting. 

Could you provide a little more detail about your setup?  Their website does not go into a lot of detail. 

Does the wireless signal go directly (and only) over your home WiFi to the manager and then out the Ethernet port to your system?  I'm trying to get a handle what cloud access there is and whether it can be avoided.

Thanks!

TurboSam said:
Larry, these look interesting. 

Could you provide a little more detail about your setup?  Their website does not go into a lot of detail. 

Does the wireless signal go directly (and only) over your home WiFi to the manager and then out the Ethernet port to your system?  I'm trying to get a handle what cloud access there is and whether it can be avoided.

Thanks!
Exact details are not completely known but it is thought that the Tag Manager sends URLs, emails, notifications and other signals directly to your HA box but requires a cloud checkin to be enabled.
CAO has promised if they ever fold up they will release the local API to the public. Not great but they are so well liked, most don't care.

In the UDI forums we have people using them for mailbox and gate open detection, fridge failure detection, geolocation, humidity, pool control, humidity control etc...etc... The battery is a common CR2032 that I get about 7-14 months out of, depending on how you set them up. Mine are all set 15 minutes or any change. They can speak the problem on your phone app if you like.

Their native programming language is javaScript, labelled as KumoApps.
https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/21471-cao-tags-kumoapps-for-isy-rest-injection/?tab=comments#comment-209036

Not sure if this works but...
https://www.mytaglist.com/eth/tempStats.html?41a28742-ad33-4a1a-b2de-52dd6fa70edb&Outside&C&1

Back