Verilock included in new Anderson Windows

dw886

Just saw this new built-in wireless security sensor on some Anderson windows when looking up a manual for some 400-series Anderson windows that I have.  They basically sense the position of the window lock, and if it's locked, then it's "secure". 

I have an Elk M1G.   Now I'm thinking of the possibilities....obviously I'm not going to change out all of the windows in my house, but I'm wondering if there will ever be a retro-fit to existing Anderson Windows.  Pretty cool idea - invisible, and doesn't require any drilling.  Any one have any experience with these?

http://www.eaglewindow.com/verilock

These have been out for about 4-5 years already.

It's doubtful they'll be released as a retrofit, there's too many components and variables involved with them to control in the field. Unfortunately, I think their life is going to be short because the features they offer only integrate into higher panels that can support the features and have the zones.....which is going to limit the market in addition to the cost for the device as well.

I've done a handful of house with these and they are nice...downside is the battery replacement and trays to do it....buy extra parts!

Back