Water Moccasin Sensor Strip, Relay Contact, 10 Foot Mesh Water Strip Sensor

SierraTech

Any Suggestions on where I might find this for less than $100?

After researching deeper, the GRI Water Moccasin Sensor Strip, Relay Contact, 10 Foot Mesh Water Strip Sensor really would be better for boiler room.

The GRI 2600 I ordered can be used in the Laundry Room.

Wish I would have discovered GRI Water Moccasin first.

-Bob

What are you using as the sensing element for the water moccasin?  Is that a 'true' closed loop contact closure?  I'm wondering as it also has contacts for DC power.

Just wondering if it looks for a relative change in resistance vs a hard contact change as a typical door/window sensor.

Thanks Pete,

Yes the key word is "cable", something I didn't know about until reading other posts here.

Thanks again for your help, as always I appreciate it!

I still need to deploy my GL-iNet router, way too many things on my plate!

-Bob

BraveSirRobbin said:
What are you using as the sensing element for the water moccasin?  Is that a 'true' closed loop contact closure?  I'm wondering as it also has contacts for DC power.

Just wondering if it looks for a relative change in resistance vs a hard contact change as a typical door/window sensor.
I had an Expansion Tank rupture in my boiler room (either Sunday Night or Monday), which during the week I rarely go into.

Water was all over the floor (items in cardboard boxes soaking water up), and condensation dripping from ceiling (like a sauna). My understanding the sensor is closed (N/C) until water is detected (the cable expands the sensor area covered, in this case I would locate near boiler and under Indirect Fired Water Heater Expansion tank.

I believe if water is detected, the N/C contact goes to megohms.  I would beep my console in this event (as a loop).

-Bob

deploy my GL-iNet router

I am using these with latest OpenWRT in my automobiles which now run Kodi media center in Ubuntu on the HU after tapping in to the bus. 

It is just a menu item on the HU.  Not Android auto but rather a custom interface to the ODB and bus.

All of the TVs here use Kodi as an STB sort of....

Back