What SPI slave device do you use?

CAI_Support

We are working on integrate SPI slave device support on WC8.  To add that support we want to listen to customers which SPI slave device do you use the most.  In that way, we can test some of those devices.

We plan to let user pick any TTL ouput pin as SPI chip select, then on the spare pin header to select 3 pins for MISO, MOSI, and CLK pins.  Those pins are separated pins from I2C pins, so that both I2C and SPI can operate together, for example, reading from I2C EEPROM for wifi configuration data and send out to the SPI slave.

We will start with CPOL clock priority 0 and phase 0 slave support first.  Please let us know the mode number do you plan to use.

Both SPI and I2C need to add filter capacitors to the slave IC power pin, so that no additional digital noise feedback into CPU or other devices through the 5V power line.

We have readied a beta testing version with SPI support.
Current shipping firmware and downloadable WC8 firmware already have I2C support,

From that version, we have removed 1-wire real time clock DS2417 support, rather to let user to use I2C real time clock, for support that, we made the CTS Unix style and settable in PLC.
We also removed 1-wire DS2450 four channel ADC support, but let user settable AIP5-8, so that user can use I2C multiple channels ADC chips out there.
The last thing removed was the 1-wire DS2438 support, because Maxim IC does have an I2C version similar to DS2438.
Then added SPI support on top of that.

Once this version being tested by enough users, we will make this version as our new base firmware for WC8.  Users wants to have 1-wire DS2438 support can always ask us for the previous version firmware to update.

As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Back