Premise Where to find Rob Brun's DVD Changer Module?

Motorola Premise

etc6849

It's talked about here: http://forums.premisesystems.net/forums/2/3117/ShowPost.aspx

However, the download links are all broken now :( I want to eventually buy some sort of DVD/Bluray Changer and I wanted to copy what Rob did. If Rob or someone has a new up-to-date version, please feel free to post.

The description below is copied fromm premisesystems.net:
DVDCatalog Module for SYS 2.0
Requirements:
Lantronix Premise Home Control v2.0
DVD Profiler v2.0 (www.intervocative.com/dvdpro/index.html)
ScriptTools Module available in the Shared Modules Forum at the Premise website.
Note: This module may be used without DVD Profiler if you wish to manually create the DVD catalog.

Files Included:
modDVDCatalog.xdo - The DVD Jukebox module
SonyDVP-CX860.xdo - A Custome Device module for the Sony DVP-CX860 Changer
collection.xml - A sample export file from DVD Profiler

Installation:
  • Copy modDVDCatalog.xdo to your Schema\Modules directory and use Add-ins to add the module to SYS
  • Create a new Media Content ContentProvider using DVD Jukebox
  • Create a directory called DVDImages in your web\Images directory
  • Copy the image file dvdlogos.gif to your web\Images\ClassImages directory
  • Create a DVD library within DVD Profiler per its manual
  • Copy the contents of the DVD Profiler Images directory to your web\Images\DVDImages directory
  • Within DVD Profiler create an Export file
  • Enter the full path to the export file in the DVD Jukebox's ImportFile property
  • Click the Import property on the DVD Jukebox and watch the catalog start populating
  • Set the DVDChanger property on the DVD Jukebox to point to your DVD Changer device.
  • Set the Disc Carousel property on your DVD Changer to point to the DVD Jukebox

VERY IMPORTANT USAGE NOTES:
The Sony DVD Changer's ControlS port does NOT provide 2-way communication. For this reason timing can be a real issue sending commands to the changer. I attempt to get around this by creating Timers for each of the commands necessary to play a DVD. You may need to tinker with the timer values if you find that commands are not executing properly. You can adjust the Timer values in the gPlaySelectedDVD Global Script within the PlaySelectedDVD function.

The biggest problem with timing is when the player is first powered on. The Sony changer that I have automatically starts playing the last DVD that was played. Some DVD's do not allow you to stop playback until all of the legal warning stuff is done. For this reason I recommend that you get to a Stop point on your changer before you attempt playback.

Other Usage Notes:
This module was created targeting a Sony DVP-CX860 DVD Changer and a Slink-e. The Slink-e's ControlSPort was used as the IR transmitter. The module however simply makes RunCommand calls using the IR commands on your changer so any means of controlling the changer should work.

If you are creating the catalog manually instead of using DVD Profiler and the Import function please note that the Front_Image_Name and Back_Image_Name properties for each DVD contain the image name only. The module looks for the images in the web\Images\DVDImages directory. DVD Profiler names the images based on the DVD's UPC code plus either 'f' or 'b' then the file extension. When entering manually you can use whatever name you assigned the image.

I have included a Custom Device module create using the SYS Wizard for the Sony DVP-CX860. You can use this to create this changer if haven't already created your own custom device.

I have also included a sample DVD Profiler export file that you can use to play around with. I have included images for the DVD "Merlin" you can copy these to your DVDImages directory if you wish to see an example of a complete page in the browser.

Comments,suggestions bug reports etc are welcome with in the Shared Modules forum on the SYS website or at [email protected].

I assume no responsibility for any damage this module may do.

Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Brun

I think I have those files....I'll check when I get home. You might also look at Damon's DVD module....

Back