[Article] Savant To Enter DIY Market?

electron

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like Savant is shaking things up, as they are trying to bring a cheaper version of their high-end home automation platform to the 'masses'.  They'll start by offering a Linux based version of their system (instead of relying on the more expensive mac platform), and are considering entering the DIY market as well.

Savant hired former Barnes & Noble exec William Lynch, who was responsible for growing the Nook product line.

Check out the article on The Verge for more details.

Click here to view the article

Someone needs to tell those commenters about the existing DIY capabilities that we discuss/recommend/use here on a regular basis ;)

The first such product is set to be released this spring, and it reaches down to just about $1,000.  The new system, which doesn't yet have a name, will still require professional installation.

:wacko:

Related:

Crestron is set to launch RMC3, an affordable 3-Series controller for building and home automation, at ISE 2014. It will retail for about $1,000.

My guess is that if Savant makes a D.I.Y. Friendly system it will be cloud based with a monthly fee, I like where Command Fusion is going with their hardware offerings and they are D.I.Y. Friendly now.

Back