DS18S20 has errors in xAP Viewer

morglum

Hey everyone.

I'm building my first one-wire network with two sensors (one DS18S20 temperature sensor and one DS2406 to be used as a relay).

my setup:
I'm using HomeSeer 2
I use xAP hub, xapmcs1wire and mcsxap to communicate between the sensors and homeseer.
I use xfx viewer to monitor my xap traffic.

my problem:
Even though my temperature sensor works perfectly in xapmcs1wire ( i see the temperature change every few minutes and there is a green light under the "P"), I get the following errors appearing in xfx viewer every few minutes:

{
v=13
hop=1
uid=FF.0005:00
class=Homeseer.Event
source=mcs.OneWire.PATATE-38602B5A
}
Event.Log
{
Time=2010-03-25 21:23:49
Type=xapmcs1Wire
Data=Sensor 13000801D2F09F10 (mcsxap1wire_1820_temp) com.dalsemi.onewire.adapter.OneWireIOException: native TMEX error -12 at 320
}
----------------------------------------
xap-header
{
v=13
hop=1
uid=FF.0005:00
class=Homeseer.Event
source=mcs.OneWire.PATATE-38602B5A
}
Event.Log
{
Time=2010-03-25 21:17:29
Type=xapmcs1Wire
Data=Sensor 13000801D2F09F10 (mcsxap1wire_1820_temp) com.dalsemi.onewire.OneWireException: 1-Wire Adapter communication exception at 320
}

The only time homeseer updates the thermometer value is when I type "mcs.onewire.*:>" in "BSC Target Address Mask " then pressed "Query BSC"

Note that the ds2406 works perfectly and has no errors

Any idea?
According to page 119 of this pdf,
native TMEX error code -12- means "FILE_READ_ONLY: trying to write a read file handle"

cheers

Morglum,

You'll find more support for mcsXap "stuff" /Homeseer on the Homeseer forum under the specific plugin subtopic.

Here you can find a lot of info related to 1-wire devices sold by Hobby Boards under the Hobby Boards section of this forum.

com.dalsemi.onewire.adapter.OneWireIOException: native TMEX error -12 at 320

Have you utilized the 1-wire native Maxim technologies application to test your communications?
It looks like a comm error.

Morglum,

You'll find more support for mcsXap "stuff" /Homeseer on the Homeseer forum under the specific plugin subtopic.

Here you can find a lot of info related to 1-wire devices sold by Hobby Boards under the Hobby Boards section of this forum.

Have you utilized the 1-wire native Maxim technologies application to test your communications?
Hey Pete,
Thanks, I was just trying to maximize my chances :)

I see both sensors perfectly in both OneWireViewer and xapmcs1wire. However, the changes on the DS18S20 dont seem to reach Homeseer, and I see the above-mentionned error in XFX Viewer..
Changes in the DS2406 do reach homeseer though.

cheers

Morglum,

Hey Pete,
Thanks, I was just trying to maximize my chances :)

I see both sensors perfectly in both OneWireViewer and xapmcs1wire. However, the changes on the DS18S20 dont seem to reach Homeseer, and I see the above-mentionned error in XFX Viewer..
Changes in the DS2406 do reach homeseer though.

cheers
My DS18S20 is on parasitic power, could that be why6

OneWireIOException

I've seen errors like this when there is a device to 9097 connection problem. I've don't think "xAP hub, xapmcs1wire and mcsxap" are the source of the problem but rather still some sort of communications error.

I have two 9097 networks and both of them are using supplemental power. One is for my water meters with one dual counter and the other one just has about 3 combo sensors on it (with supplimental power). Never tried just an 1820 by itself on one of the 9097's. I have those on both a Temp05 and Tempo8 separate 1-wire networks. On the Temp05 I have a barometer with its own power and a bunch of temperature sensors and the Temp08 just has a bunch of weather sensors and temperature sensors and some old combo sensors.

OneWireIOException

I've seen errors like this when there is a device to 9097 connection problem. I've don't think "xAP hub, xapmcs1wire and mcsxap" are the source of the problem but rather still some sort of communications error.

I have two 9097 networks and both of them are using supplemental power. One is for my water meters with one dual counter and the other one just has about 3 combo sensors on it (with supplimental power). Never tried just an 1820 by itself on one of the 9097's. I have those on both a Temp05 and Tempo8 separate 1-wire networks. On the Temp05 I have a barometer with its own power and a bunch of temperature sensors and the Temp08 just has a bunch of weather sensors and temperature sensors and some old combo sensors.

Ok. Just to make sure, by "Have you utilized the 1-wire native Maxim technologies application to test your communications?", did you mean OneWireViewer or something else?

Also, Could the temperature sensor could have a communicatio nerror but not the ds2406? They are on the same network.

I'll double check my physical connections on the 1-wire network. I just dont understand why that would be the problem, given that I get regular temperatures updates in 1-wire viewer and mcsxap1wire. I also have green lights in mcsxap1wire. the temperature just doesnt get updated in homeseer...

thanks for helping!

Back