glass break sensors on Elk M1

mrshanes

Hello all.  I have an Elk M1 systems that I'm just getting around to wiring up.  We built the house 4 years ago and I did all the wiring.  Life got in the way and I didn't get around to wiring it until now.  Anyway... I'm taking it slow and doing one thing at a time.  All is working well until today.  I'm wiring all the glass break sensors (6 of them) and I'm getting some weird happenings.  These are Honeywell FG-1625RFM models.  Once I got everything hooked up, I cycled the system and now about every 3 or 4 seconds, the system goes into violated mode.  I have them set up as burglar perimeter instant, normally closed.  Using ElkRP, I can check the status and all of the sensors seem to be acting funny.  The state shows short (-) and the volts is jumping around from .2, .3, .4 up to 4 or even higher and occasionally the zones violate.  I pulled one out of the ceiling and everything seems to be wired correctly (did that part 4 years ago).  The LED flickers as if it's detecting an event when I make loud noises or scuff my finger across the opening (as it should according to the directions).  I have all of these powered separately from the system through a PD9HC.  I wouldn't think that would affect it.  Any ideas on what is happening here?  Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Shane

video321 said:
Yup... my old thread. I lowered them and verified with the simulator - they're good to go.

I'm not so sure it's the sensitivity now.  I lowered them and this is still happening.  The volt readings on the status display in RP are very funny the way they bounce around.  Are you using EOLR on yours?  I'm not, but I wonder if that's is needed.  Would you mind checking your volts in the status view or ElkRP and see what they say?

Bounce around, like from 0 to about 7VDC or do they waiver up/down from the 5-7 range? It's pretty cut and dry and wouldn't have anything to do with sensitivity, the closed circuit should be constant unless the detector trips and opens the relay for 1-3 seconds (normally).

This just keeps getting weirder.  I'm connecting these to an input expander that's already enrolled in the Elk (same as all my exterior doors that have been working fine).  I decided to go ahead an connect some PIRs to the same expander.  I filled up all 16 zones on the expander and was testing the PIRs and noticed now that the glass breaks are fine with a steady 0.1 volts and no violations.  Is it required that the expanders be full for these things to work correctly?  I doubt it, so any ideas what is going on here?

DELInstallations said:
Where are the GBD's powered from? Where is the aux supply? What else is connected and where?

All of the GBDs are connected to a PD9HC which gets power from a P412.  Aux supply on the main board is not being used.  6 external door contacts are connected (working fine), 7 GBDs (all seem to be normal now), and 3 PIRs (working fine).  Again, this all seemed to correct itself when I connected the last PIR.  Perhaps I had a wire touching multiple contacts and didn't notice it.  That may have been causing the funky voltage readings.

Back