HA License or certificates in Ontario, Canada?

J-Rod

Hi all,

I've recently become interested in HA and have been doing some research about the requirements to have a business installing in Ontario, Canada but have come up short. My main question is whether or not I would need a license as an Electrician, or if there was something more specialized that would cover HA installers. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I tried searching here but didnt really find much, but I apologize if t has been covered before.

Thanks,

Jared

That's not really a good question for the general community. Yes, some of us are "pro's" but, your question is specific to your location. You'll need to get with your guv-mint entity in charge of licensing to get accurate answers, I'm afraid. While I wish you luck, J-Rod, I can't imagine a worse time in recent history to attempt to start a new AV/HA biz from the ground up. Good luck.

Hi all,

I've recently become interested in HA and have been doing some research about the requirements to have a business installing in Ontario, Canada but have come up short. My main question is whether or not I would need a license as an Electrician, or if there was something more specialized that would cover HA installers. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I tried searching here but didnt really find much, but I apologize if t has been covered before.

Thanks,

Jared

Hi Jared.

Were you able to find any answers yet? My hunch is that you would be ok for the LV work, but any HV (120V) work will likely require a licensed electrician's ticket. What's your locality? I am thinking of getting into some installation work in the Toronto area.

My brother-in-law is a licensed electrician/contractor so my plan to get through the startup/learning curve as far as requirements/inspections was to slip him a few bucks to act as the actual contractor while I "assist" him.

Back