HomeGenie - Mirage - March 2015

pete_c

Guru
I have mentioned Homegenie here before.  Having a look this morning.  I read about installing it and installed it on an RPi.  Checking to see how intuitive the set up was and it appears easy peasy.  Interesting that it is utilizing Mono.

homegenie.jpg

About this project Make all things speak a common language

Designed on a multi-standard basis, HomeGenie can interface to various devices as X10, Insteon, Z-Wave, Philips Hue, UPnP, RFXCom and KNX.  Application communicates with external web services and integrates all of this into a common automation environment.

If based on different standards, inside HG, all "modules" can be controlled and automated to work all together.

With a modern web-based user interface, HomeGenie can be enjoyed from any  PC, smart phone or tablet.

Some features - Will HomeGenie grant your wish?
  • Free Windows Phone and Android client
  • Weather data and Statistics
  • Basic Security Alarm System
  • Poweful auomation engine: IoT ready!
  • Extensible and customizable features
  • Service clustering via events forwarding and MQTT
  • Raspberry Pi GPIO, SPI, I2C programming
  • Localization (En, It, De, Sp, Fr, Ne)
  • Voice Control
  • Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac, Raspberry Pi
About the author
Generoso Martello is a self-taught programmer with innate passion for automation and computer science since the VIC-20 era, when he was 12 years old.
He's also been playing some home automation since 2001.
http://generoso.info

Installed it and configuring it.

HomeGenieMainWebPage.jpg

HomegenieSettings.jpg

I had a BBS in the early 1980's that ran off a Commodore computer.  Used a stack of Ventel modems and a DIY modem switcher for multiple phone lines.

In 1985 recalling now walking in to the Microsoft office at an area of a town called La Défense.  The visit was low on the WAF that day.  That said I saw an Commodore Amiga in the office running Amiga DOS, DOS and Helios.  I was impressed.

Back