I Need A New Microwave

upstatemike said:
I think a dial is more important to me than power level changes since I don't often use that. I'm going to restrict my search to only look at models with a dial and inverter power.
I would NEVER allow one of those "inverter"  in my house. They are usually made by Panasonic. They disrupt all UPB signals, cause incredible noise on the powerline, interfere with WiFi the most, and if that wasn't bad enough, I've never had one survive more than 3 or 4 years. 

ano said:
I would NEVER allow one of those "inverter"  in my house. They are usually made by Panasonic. They disrupt all UPB signals, cause incredible noise on the powerline, interfere with WiFi the most, and if that wasn't bad enough, I've never had one survive more than 3 or 4 years. 
Good feedback, thanks! Maybe I should get the Amazon Smart Oven. Reviews say the air fryer and convection features are terrible but the microwave is OK. I can voice control it and it will announce to all Echos in the house when my food is done. 

upstatemike said:
Good feedback, thanks! Maybe I should get the Amazon Smart Oven. Reviews say the air fryer and convection features are terrible but the microwave is OK. I can voice control it and it will announce to all Echos in the house when my food is done. 
I owned one with a browning element once. Sounded great for caseroles but turned out only one function could work at any time. With a 3-500 watt browning element I could brown things faster by turning on the real oven with it's 3000 Watt element. You don't want a browning element in a microwave. Makes baked on foods real hard to clean. Try leaving some steel wool bits inside a microwave oven. LOL

My last Panasonic Inverter oven is only about 20 years old so far, and other than the white plastic showing a yellow tinge, it works like the day we got it. However I had to replace a magnetron in a non-inverter microwave oven once. Vacuum tubes wear out by metal flashing on the inside of the glass. I still have the monster magnetics it used though. LOL

Just checked the manufacture date inside the door of my existing microwave and it says May 1999. I certainly want at least the same lifespan from anything I replace it with. (This was a cheapo mid-range Whirlpool model from Target)

upstatemike said:
Just checked the manufacture date inside the door of my existing microwave and it says May 1999. I certainly want at least the same lifespan from anything I replace it with. (This was a cheapo mid-range Whirlpool model from Target)
Just checked on mine...May 2000 Top-midrange at the time Panasonic 1200W output, shortly after when Inverter technology came out.

Back