INSTEON Home Automation Products Go Global

CT Droid

CT Bot
insteonglobal.jpg

Exciting news for Cocooners in Europe & Australia/New Zealand. Building upon the success of INSTEON in the United States, SmartHome is taking its INSTEON platform global, and will soon be offering the hardware to the European and Australian market. Product rollout will start sometime mid 2012, and the hardware will still be backwards compatible with X10. The modules will start at €34.99. See below for the full press release.

View the full article

And as a citizen of the U.S as well as a long time Insteon user, I would like to apologize ahead of time to our friends in Europe, Austrailia and New Zealand... And I pray for a worldwide ISY solution to come your way soon...

And as a citizen of the U.S as well as a long time Insteon user, I would like to apologize ahead of time to our friends in Europe, Austrailia and New Zealand... And I pray for a worldwide ISY solution to come your way soon...

Don't apologize...The US customers did all of the Beta Testing....They should be thanking US! B)

I have been using Insteon since Feb. 2006, I used to have a lot of problems with it but now it seems to work really well. I did have to replace a tact switch on a remote but that has been the only problem I have had with any of the newer Insteon hardware.

I hope the US gets some of those micro inlinelincs. Any guesses as to what the big box on the left is? New internet gateway? I guess they will be using 868MHz band in Europe?

ISY would work fine in Europe provided with the proper wall wart. The question is if the "internet gateway" they advertise is a compatible PLM.

Back