Looking for Heat Pump suggestions to work with HAI Omnipro II and omnistat

Nifield

Hey all, I am getting close to buying my heat pump and i wanted to make sure it would work with my HAI Omnipro II system and an Omnistat2 thermostat. I will be needing a heat pump that can handle a 4700 sq ft house, i do have a forced air furnace as well. If anyone could suggest a heat pump that would work, or if you know of any that will not work please mention them as well, i don't want to end up buying the heat pump and then realizing afterwards its not compatible with a third party thermostat or soemthing.

thanks for any help you can offer.

Reilly

Just make sure it doesn't use any proprietary thermostats; specify that any system you use is compatible with standard thermostats.

I'm not sure what climate you're in - but I know where I live, the biggest single unit available is a 5-ton, which is generally for a 3,000 sq ft house, max. Ironically, I have a 5-ton in my 4,000 sq ft house - and it doesn't keep up all that well on the *really* hot (>105°) days. Usually over 3K sq. ft. means two units.

New construction or replacement?

Just make sure it doesn't use any proprietary thermostats; specify that any system you use is compatible with standard thermostats.

I'm not sure what climate you're in - but I know where I live, the biggest single unit available is a 5-ton, which is generally for a 3,000 sq ft house, max. Ironically, I have a 5-ton in my 4,000 sq ft house - and it doesn't keep up all that well on the *really* hot (>105°) days. Usually over 3K sq. ft. means two units.

New construction or replacement?

ok thanks for the heads up. ya new construction, i live up in vancouver canada, so similiar weather to seattle, so i think a 5 ton should do ok here...

Back