Looking for Zigbee Dimmable Lamp Outlet load sense options...

jdk972003

Just what it says....

It seems very strange I can not find even one...

Z-wave only has the GE/Jasco...everyone's dropping the ability.

Whats up with all the load sensing going away?  Any options out there I am missing?

I currently utilze a Securifi Zigbee Peanut Plug which does monitor electrical usage / load sensing.  It is the only one that I have that does this.  IE: rest are just plan old Zigbee lamp modules.

Have you tried this:  http://smartenit.com/product/zbmplug15/
OR this: http://store.leviton.com/ZigBee-Plug-In-Control-Module-89A00-1ZB/dp/B009RQYP2M#.VfxNoJcRB8E

No they don't dim, but they do report load wattage.

If you just want a dimmable Zigbee bulb for a lamp use this: http://www.amazon.com/GE-Wireless-Connected-60-Watt-Equivalent/dp/B00NOL16K0/ref=sr_1_1
It dims but doesn't report wattage, but its cheap.

I think dimmable plug-in modules are on their way out.  The problem with them is people are not smart enough to ONLY plug lamps in them, rather people plug other things in them so they catch fire. 

I think dimmable plug-in modules are on their way out.  The problem with them is people are not smart enough to ONLY plug lamps in them, rather people plug other things in them so they catch fire.

I agree with this as it has always been an issue which started in the 1980's with X10 mostly with in wall automated power outlets or switched on wall outlets.  I quit using the automated outlets in the 1990's.  Today just utilize those little child proof covers over automated outlets.

Sorry I was not clear,

Its not the wattage I want to monitor, its the ability to use the hard switch on the lamp in conjunction with the zigbee.

i.e. WAF required the ability to do both!

Bal said:
Sorry I was not clear,

Its not the wattage I want to monitor, its the ability to use the hard switch on the lamp in conjunction with the zigbee.

i.e. WAF required the ability to do both!
Zigbee modules DO report the power usage, and PC Access can display it, but it is pretty useless since the panel can't do anything with it.

For lamps there is no perfect solution.  All the Zigbee modules I have do have a button on the side so you can turn them on and off. That's not ON the lamp but its near the lamp.

Another solution is to use GE/Quirky Zigbee light bulbs.  If you turn the lamp switch off then on the light will go on, but to turn it off you need to control it with the panel. If you turn the lamp switch off, then obviously the panel can't turn it back on.  Also its not a good idea to turn these bulbs on and off at the switch because when the bulb is not powered, it won't repeat.

If you are running HLC, and you have a room controller for the room where the lamps are, its easy to add Zigbee bulbs to UPB scenes.  Just add a few lines of programming to say when Living Room Scene A then Zigbee Bulb 25%. When Living Room Off then Zigbee Bulb Off, etc.

This is good news. Maybe well see more devices soon.

Lowe’s Joins ZigBee Alliance as a Participant Member

Davis, Calif. – September 23, 2015 – The ZigBee Alliance, a non-profit association of organizations creating open, global standards that define the Internet of Things for use in consumer, commercial and industrial applications, today announced that home improvement company Lowe’s is the newest Participant member of the ZigBee Alliance.

Launched in July 2012, Iris by Lowe’s is a smart home solution created to monitor and control virtually everything in the home anytime, anywhere – from a computer, smart phone or tablet. Lowe’s was among the first companies to target the mass consumer market with a broad home automation solution and to introduce an open platform complemented by the customer support that consumers have come to trust from Lowe’s.

“Our customers tell us they want a simple way to monitor and automate their homes across a multitude of different devices,” said Mick Koster, vice president and general manager of Iris Home Systems.  “As part of the ZigBee Alliance, we believe we can help further demystify smart homes for consumers and also innovate to bring an ever-expanding array of products to make managing their homes even easier.”

Lowe’s is the most recent of 450 members currently working to develop and promote ZigBee IoT standards. As the IoT continues its rapid growth, the Alliance’s membership has experienced a paralleled increase in both the number and diversity of member companies.

Back