Possible fault on a Barometer board

smitty_kiwi

Hi, I purchased a HB barometer sensor from a distributor here in NZ,
However I do not appear to be able to get any sense out of it.

I am feeding 15.54 Volts in.
When I try to Calibrate the sensor, I cannot pull the V down to the 3.48v required for my Altitude. Ie. 575 feet.

When I set the jumper in the operation position I get a constant readout from the Ch of 10.23v, and that is over a 48 hr period, with a gathering Southerly storm moving in, so there should have been the obligatory drop in Pressure, in line with barometers nearby.

I am using WDisplay to upload data to http://www.alpnz.co.nz/wx

Any help most appreciated.

When I try to Calibrate the sensor, I cannot pull the V down to the 3.48v required for my Altitude. Ie. 575 feet.

When I set the jumper in the operation position I get a constant readout from the Ch of 10.23v, and that is over a 48 hr period, with a gathering Southerly storm moving in, so there should have been the obligatory drop in Pressure, in line with barometers nearby.

John,

What software are you using when you are trying to calibrate the Barometer? Also can you give me more details on how you have it connected.

Eric

John,

What software are you using when you are trying to calibrate the Barometer? Also can you give me more details on how you have it connected.

Eric

Onewireviewer with up to date drivers.

It is connected directly to the power supply, and an RJ45 to a central board, (Token ring)

I had a similar problem with my barometric sensor probe, as you can see in this posting a few months ago. Some one suggested a defective sensor, but I haven't heard any other suggestions from HB. Complicating the debugging for me is that the sensor is at a remote location that I've not had a chance to visit lately with my volt meter or other tools. Other than having my wife move some jumpers around when she was there last, I'm stuck 'till I can get there.

I'm using some home-grown software to read the devices. This sensor (along with about a dozen others) are off an HA7Net one-wire master and I don't have any issue with the 2 humidity/temp/light sensors.

My concern now is that there's a more systemic problem if you're seeing the same problem.. Oh well, we'll see..

louie

John,

Eric

I had a similar problem with my barometric sensor probe, as you can see in this posting a few months ago. Some one suggested a defective sensor, but I haven't heard any other suggestions from HB. Complicating the debugging for me is that the sensor is at a remote location that I've not had a chance to visit lately with my volt meter or other tools. Other than having my wife move some jumpers around when she was there last, I'm stuck 'till I can get there.

I'm using some home-grown software to read the devices. This sensor (along with about a dozen others) are off an HA7Net one-wire master and I don't have any issue with the 2 humidity/temp/light sensors.

My concern now is that there's a more systemic problem if you're seeing the same problem.. Oh well, we'll see..

louie

John,

Eric
An update.
Another HB barometer was attached, calibrated and is now operational.
John S
:(

Back