Russound RNET Compatibility

Gearhead

I currently have a legacy CAM6.6 and would like to expand my system.  Unfortunately, Russound discontinued the CAM/CAV series several years ago and replaced it with the CA66.

Has anyone connected a CA66 to a legacy CAM6.6 through the RNET link ?  At the very least, I would hope that the master on/off and party controls are functional over RNET.

I understand the protocol changed slightly on newer devices so not all commands may work. I found this out trying to integrate a mca c5 to my elk. Some of the rnet codes in elks database do not work as intended now. I also confirmed this by calling russound. RIO is the new protocol and being actively supported.

I may be able to help -- I have a product called Myro:Bridge that can control 3rd Party devices via RNET -- depending on the commands you want translated, I could create a firmware for you that offers translation between the two.    But to Big517's point, what you need (party mode and master on/off) might have not changed.   I can sniff the RNET for you if you'd like -- I have Sphere, CAV/CAM, C5 in the lab.

@mavromatis, any plans to update your hardware to support RIO? I'm afraid the rnet commands are not 100% supported in the new MCA systems.

Back