Premise WeatherUnderground 2.0

Motorola Premise
C

chucklyons

I'd put this in the download section, but there seems to be an issue with being able to load a file less than 29mb.

If anyone wants this let me know - or maybe the moderator will read this and fix the problem.

WeatherUnderground v2.0

This is an update to 123’s WeatherUnderground Module. Included in this Zip File are 123’s Original Instructions. The same functionality that was included in the first version is retained, plus added some additional features.

Lunar Phases – Displays moon image with varying degrees of shadow, depending on whether Waning or Waxing Gibbeous/Crescent. Full Moon, New Moon, First Quarter and Last (aka Third Quarter) are also included. The module uses the Moon Age and Moon Illumination for WeatherUndergrounnd (already available in 123’s version) to derive the images

Ajax for Update button: This keeps the page from refreshing when requesting an update of the latest Weather.

Realistic Weather Images:  Two additional Image files are included. 1) Style_14_High_Res. High resolution weather icons. They load relatively fast, but some may opt for the second file  2) Style 15 – same as the High Res files, but compressed using Tinypng (www.tinypng.com) . They load extremely fast!

mbRealtime: This is used for doing a div refresh of the weather icon I have loaded on the upper left of the browser. This requires a new drop of the Global MinibrowserFunctions, which will be coming soon. This will not affect operation of the WeatherUnderground module in the meantime.

CSS: The JQM relies heavily on Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Unfortunately, that would require a new JQM CSS for each module update.  WeatherUnderground 2.0 has an individual CSS, which loads when the weather page is selected. It doesn’t add overhead (or much) to the load time and prevents having to load a separate CSS when not a weather page. As it is included in the WU directory, it simplifies installation, as well.

Attachments

• jq_Weather1.png
    jq_Weather1.png
    32 KB · Views: 6
  • IP_Weather1.png
    IP_Weather1.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 5
Chuck - Where is the CSS file supposed to go?  Getting an error loading page when I select Weather from my main Home tree in JQM on my Android.  And on a normal IE browser, I get nothing buy rectangular icons:  Day 1, Day2, ay3, etc.

Sam -

It should be in

href=""/images/icons/wu/weather.css

I thought you should be able to move (or replace) the entire 'wu' with what I provided. If you have it correctly, under /images/icons/wu, you should have 16 folders (including MoonPhases); four (4) pngs; and the css. The xdo that you import.  It works fine in IE. If you make sure the structure is right, and still get the broken images, let me know..

That is the structure I had.  I just reinstalled and got the same thing.  It's not missing images.  I just get the following:

Attachments

• WU-Screenshot.jpg
    WU-Screenshot.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
Sam, make sure you selected the icon style in the weather object.
I don't use the AB, so my changed are only in the MB version. If you're willing to do some iterations, I can make changes to the AB, provided I can find and old IE

I did select an icon style.  In fact I checked out a few.

I tried it on an Android device and when I tried to drill into the weather page, it threw an error.

wu2_mbrender_error.jpg

Which is the line:  sHTML = gMBRenderHeader() & gMBRenderSM2()

I am having issues with some of John in VAs stuff too.  I'm starting to think that there is something borked in my setup.

And the old version of WU worked fine.

Ahh. That one is on me. gMBRenderSM2() is a trick I had to do to keep jQuery Mobile from hijacking the javascript. (That took me a LONG time to figure out). I'll put up another one at my link. I'll email you.

You can comment that (gMBRenderSM2()) out and give it a try.

Commented it out and no longer get the error/crash.  But I just get a blank page in JQM and still the same on the AB.

Uploaded 2.0.6. Includes WU update and separate global. Just import and all should happen automagically.

Sam - I think I see the issue. I'll put a new version up. The reason is for whatever reason, the Selectors and ControlsLibrary got nuked.

Cool.  Droped back to the old version for now and all is well.  It's amazing how much we use the weather page around here.  Didn't realize until it was "broken" :)

Back