What door/window sensors work with Staples Connect?

rbj8611

Hello!

I've been looking at home automation systems for weeks now and I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the staples connect. I would preferably go with Wink but being that they have stopped all sales for now because of their issues, I need something else within the next month. The price of the SC Hub + compatible with Z-Wave, Zigbee, Wifi, and Bluetooth I think it sounds great

My only thing now is to find what 3rd party door/window and motion sensors will work with the SC. I cannot find much of anything about it, anywhere! Those GE Tripper door/window sensors are attractive at $40 for a two pack. The ones that Staples sales are about $35 for one sensor. 

Does anyone have experience with SC and any third party devices that work? Or is there a better route(cheaper with same features) to take?

jkmonroe said:
monoprice has z-wave sensors for ~$20 each. i have no idea if SC works with them, but they are standard zwave.
Thank you but that's what I meant by I've found 2 packs for $40. I still need to know if they work with SC

Make sure you fully research it before buying it. I heard that Staples Connect will only work with companies that Staples partners with, even if the technology is supported.  If a sensor says it works with Staples Connect, you are set, but otherwise, don't hold your breath.

rbj8611 said:
Thank you but that's what I meant by I've found 2 packs for $40. I still need to know if they work with SC

Right.  My point was that they are standard Z-Wave, so if Staples Connect supports good old z-wave those should work.

I am under the impression that the GE Trippers were Zigbee, and I would be concerned that Wink added something to Zigbee stack to make them only work with Wink.

ano said:
Make sure you fully research it before buying it. I heard that Staples Connect will only work with companies that Staples partners with, even if the technology is supported.  If a sensor says it works with Staples Connect, you are set, but otherwise, don't hold your breath.
Thank you for this information. Maybe I'll spend the extra $20 and get a Smartthings Hub or Vera

Back