What RG6QS compression fittings do you se?

I've used the 'Ideal' brand from Home Depot / Lowes with no issues. As mentioned earlier the blue ring is for regular, black ring is for quad shield. The ICM compression tool I have works fine with whatever brand is 'most cost effective' at the time I need.

I've used the 'Ideal' brand from Home Depot / Lowes with no issues.

I also found them hard to wiggle on ... until I realized that the black part (yes, they're the R6QS ones) could be pulled off the metal part. Then it became a snap: just make sure you put the black plastic part on first, and in the correct direction. I also fold back all of the foil and braid.

Chris D.

They IDEAL ones from HD that i got said RG6/RG6Qs and do not have a color band of any kind. As far as i can remember my local HD didnt have specific ones for QS since i spent quite some time in that aisle i found have seen them and gotten those.

braid - foil - braid - foil - foam dielectric - center conductor

Which layers of the quad shield do you bend back over the jacket?

I thought it was all layers. Or, at least I haven't had a problem doing it that way.

I've been using the Ideal compression connectors (from Home Despot).

I cut away the outer foil and braid, bend the inner braid over and leave the inner foil around the dielectric. THat was how I was tought.

You do not need both layers of braid to make an electrical connection to the connector as they do that within the sheath. As long as there is a good connection by the inner braid the whole length will be connected.

Mick

What do you actually do with the flaring tool?

The one I have, ICM I think, has two uses. The actual flaring, which flexes out the jacket and braids from the dialectic to allow the barrel of the connector to slide on easier. The other side of the tool allows you screw the connector on and lets you push it with alittle more leverage then you would with just pushing on the connector. It's much easier on the hands and allows you to consistency get the dialectic (the soft white part) flush with the inside of the connector.

--Jamie

Just for closure on this thread. I was wrong about the IDEAL compression fittings. They do have a color code to them and i had the regular RG6 ones which are a serious bitch to get onto RG6QS. :( :D

By the time i found out i already had 50 Thomas and Betts fittings coming by mail and they are very nice and easy to put on.

Back