Where to buy?

Spot

This may or may not be an allowable topic, but I was wondering where others have purchased their Elk systems.

I don't envision that I need a lot of handholding with the install...and would be looking for value in the pricing.

Authorized Elk dealers are required to sell items at Elk's suggested retail price.  There are some internet sellers that sell at lower prices, but if you purchase from them, Elk may not honor the warranty.   Elk's official policy is that they don't provide support to end-users, so if you have problems, it is best to have bought from an authorized dealer.  For items where I'm not too concerned about warranty coverage, I have bought from non-authorized dealers.

That said, I have purchased from JMAC and Home Controls, plus a few others who are no longer in business.

Check to see if there is a low voltage/security distributors locally.  You might be surprised to find an outfit in your area.  It's always nice when you can just swing by the local place and get what you need.

Online I would go with Worthington Distribution.  You can get a "dealer" account pretty easily there and then order through their dealer site vs the retail site.

sic0048 said:
Check to see if there is a low voltage/security distributors locally.  You might be surprised to find an outfit in your area.  It's always nice when you can just swing by the local place and get what you need.

Online I would go with Worthington Distribution.  You can get a "dealer" account pretty easily there and then order through their dealer site vs the retail site.
Thanks for the info...I do prefer to buy locally if the prices are in the ballpark.

I recently purchased my entire system (M1 Gold, 8 Keypads, 2 Power Supplies, 6 Input Expanders, 3 Relay Cards, etc) through Orchestrated Home.  The reason I chose them was because they were very responsive to my initial email and they have everything listed (either in stock or available) on their web site.  Some of the other online places I checked out, either didn't return emails, didn't have everything listed, or prices were much higher.  I reached out to them with a list of parts I needed and they quoted me their best price on the order, which was less if I had ordered everything directly from the web site.  So I would suggest you email them directly and see what they say.  

I did have two issues, and they promptly resolved them.  One of the adapter plates I ordered, a couple of the black plastic rivets were broken in transit - they contacted Elk directly and had them send me replacement rivets.  And a keypad I ordered was faulty -  I'm still in the process of resolving that with them (just need to send them back the bad one) but that should be finalized this week.  So their customer service is excellent!  

Good luck!

Back