Premise Honeywell IAQ

Motorola Premise

Jacob

Hello Everyone,
I am new to both Premise and this forum, so I am really excited to see what i can do. So far, i have premise controlling my home HVAC system. The system consists of VisionPRO IAQ thermostats attched to me computer via RS-232. Using the drivers already in the premise software, i can view and change fan settings, hold, and heat/cool/off, but i can only view the most current set point temperature. I am assuming the the driver for the old honeywell thermostats simply is not written for the my thermostats, resulting in incomplete operations. What is the easiest way to have full control over my stats? Has anyone written a driver for the Honeywell IAQ or must a new one be written from scratch? I found some old forums with some drivers listed, but i have had no luck finding one that will work with my stats.
Thanks!
Jacob

If you're using the Honeywell Enviracom driver, it is a compiled application (DLL) and I don't believe its source-code is available for modifications. Unless someone surprises us with the source-code for the original driver, or has written a new one, you'll need to consider writing a driver. You have three options:

Creating a Module (VBScript)
Using Premise's SDK (C++)
Using the Minibroker interface (.NET)

Thanks 123. You confirmed what i suspected. I won't learn how to write a driver any time soon. Do you know of any other software packages (besides Premise) that inherently has the envirocom drivers with it?
Jacob

I don't have a quick answer for you ... consider checking the web-sites of the HA apps listed here.

Back