Honeywell Enviracom Thermostat via M1XEP?

theshadow27

I have a M1G 5.3.0 (0.13) an M1XEP 2.0.22(1.0) - awesome products BTW, very happy with the system.

Recently got started playing more with HA, and picked up a W8735A1013 EnviraCOM RS232 interface for my Honeywell Prestige IAQ 8000 series communicating (3-wire) thermostat. As far as I can tell, there is no M1XSP firmware for EnviraCOM, it's relatively obscure now that Honeywell is pushing RedLink (2-wire/900Mhz) hard.

I have NodeRed on a SBPC handling some other interface tasks automation tasks with my M1, so I am wondering if there is a way to bridge the EnviraCOM interface to the M1XEP to have it show up in the eKeypad app?

So far, I have:
Code:
3-wire ECM <-> EnviraCOM serial adapter <-> RS232-USB <-> SBPC <-> enviracomd:8586tcp <-> NodeRed
The messages fully decoded with access to Mode, Status, Fan, Indoor Temp, Heat & Cool setpoints, and Relative Humidity. I can relay setpoint updates via the 13TR messages transmitted when eKeypad makes a change, which works just fine.

However, when I form a 13TR message with current temperature/humidity/setpoint/mode values from the thermostat (via polling) to send to the M1, it does not seem to accept the updated values. I have tried using 'TR' and 'tr', but neither work as expected.

If I use separate 0Bts messages, I can set the individual fields of heat/cool setpoints, but E=3 doesn't allow me to set the room temperature and there is no E= option for updating humidity. I think this must be the wrong API, since it seems to be for controlling a thermostat hooked to the M1, not vise versa.

So is there a way that I can "mock" a supported thermostat over the M1XEP, pushing M1 updates periodically from the thermostat? Ideally it would be in a format similar to the 13TR message as this has all of the required fields...

I understand that other thermostats interface through the main RS485 bus and not the RS232 port so it might not be possible, but I figured it was worth a shot!

Thanks!

It's been a while, and the Pi that was running all of this has died (without replacement). I never did get the thermostat temp updates pushing to the M1, but it could control the set point. 
I ended up taking the t-stat data and sending it to influxdb or eventual consumption by grafana - both of these went down with a bare-metal ESXi host. 
Much was lost, moral of the story is ​everything should be a git repo  :(

I did get a few backups through, there is some JS code to parse enviracom messages in NodeRed which I can share if that would help. There is also an older C application (enviracom_0.9.3) that I used before I wrote the JS code.

I think I got the adapter from procureinc.us (was prccureline,net in 2016). 

Back