eK Blueprint

dgeffs

In preparation for the release of eK Blueprint do you have any recommendation for a source of blueprint software where I can create my own?

For my early testing, I used a MAC OS X application called Omnigraffle. This application is very similar to Microsoft Visio which could be used to create very similar images.

I was able to take an old line drawing of my home, import a scanned image and set the image to 50% transparency. This allowed me to use the above applications to quickly replicate the floor plan with straight lines and other graphical elements.
I have attached the result of under 40 minutes of work in the application.

While I have not finalize the details yet, I am working with a company to allow eKeypad to provide a floor plan creation service. Hopefully everything will be finalized next week.

Attachments

• Blueprint_Sample.jpg
    Blueprint_Sample.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 55
We have tried to make blueprints very easy to use.

Once you turn the iPad to the landscape orientation you will see (an empty at first) blueprint screen.

Touching and holding a finger on the screen for 4 seconds will activate edit mode. While in edit mode there is a help screen that outlines all of the touch actions you can use and the effect they will have. You will also see a number of buttons that open popups with additional functionality.

If you run into a specific question or are unsure how to perform an action, please email support. We will be glad to help and it will help us improve blueprints in the future to be more intuitive.

Back