Omnitouch 5.7e VoIP Intercom function not ringing

compuryan

Posted this on HAI's own forum as well but I think here there are a lot more active users...

So far I have 3 5.7e touchscreens connected to my network and to my OmniPro II panel and I was able to load the intercom pages in automation studio and update the touchscreens with the designs. When I try the intercom function, the pages come up correctly and I am able to call another touchscreen, pick up at the other end, and have 2-way audio, however the ringer is silent. Even when I crank the ringer volume up all the way in the intercom settings page, I cannot hear any ringer at all at the touchscreen being called.

Is there some step I am missing in Automation Studio to upload the ringer sound to the touchscreens?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Ryan

Do other sounds work on the touchscreen?
Do you have the audio turned on at the setup screen (grey config screen)?

The only other sound that I am aware of that should be working right now is the "click" sound when pressing buttons and that does work.

When you refer to a grey config screen, do you mean the one that comes up the very first time a 5.7e is booted? If so, I think I would have enabled audio on that but I don't know how to get to that screen again without wiping the touchscreen firmware. I presume there is an easier way to open that setup screen but I don't know what it is, however I am currently looking around through the documentation/online FAQ to see if I can find it.

Found it... OK so the volume on the touchscreen I went to was set to 23. I increased it to 50 and will test it in the morning when people aren't trying to sleep but it seems that 23 should have been loud enough (I had been standing right in front of it when testing for the ringer).

OK So updated the firmware and tried it again, no difference. Also increasing the volume on the screen settings did not make any difference. Is it possible that the particular audio file for the ringer is just "missing" somewhere IE. in Automation Studio?

How do I assign a soundfile as the ringer to start with? I was thinking earlier that I might try finding a sound file and setting it to action "on load" when the "ringing" screen opens on the receiving touch panel. Is this the correct way to go about it?

In Automation Studio, click on your design and scroll down in the properties tab.

"Sounds" are listed about 1/3 of the way down.
"ring.wav" is the default VoIP Ringer.
That file, ring.wav, should be on your harddrive in the AS program files.

Hmmm.... interesting. I don't seem to have ANY of the sound files except for the click.wav file. Even after doing a full hard drive search nothing came up for ring.wav, and in AS the only assigned sound is the key click with click.wav, all other lines are blank. I guess some how my installation didn't include these files? Very bizarre... now I wonder how I will go about locating them...

Yeah I did all of that, following the instructions provided in the PDF to edit an existing design. For some reason the actual sound files are missing though which is very odd...

Back