Haiku Haiku Config Disappearing?

Hello
I have a client who is having issues with his Haiku configuration disappearing from his iPhone every month or two. From the questions I have been asking, he hasn't been restoring his phone and it isn't when he updates his iOS version. He called today saying he opened Haiku and it was asking to be setup again, but yesterday it was there and working fine. He has several iPads that are mounted on the wall as well as other family members with Haiku installed and to my knowledge they haven't had any issues. Whenever he calls with this issue, I don't have a good answer for why it happens, all I can do it just offer to put in the configuration again, but this will now be the 3rd or 4th time this has happened since October.
Just trying to get some ideas.
Thanks!

Matt

Can you PM me the customers name or at least initials? I'd like to see if this is the same as another issue we've been tracking via support as there was one more very similar report.

It is probably an issue with a computer the iPhone is syncing with. It's either removing the app and reinstalling it or the app is being downgraded (a dialog saying the database could not be upgraded would appear in this case on startup). Perhaps removing all traces of Haiku from iTunes could help. Also check that there isn't any third party sync tool or similar being used. Something is actively doing this on the machine being synced with.

Hello
I have a client who is having issues with his Haiku configuration disappearing from his iPhone every month or two. From the questions I have been asking, he hasn't been restoring his phone and it isn't when he updates his iOS version. He called today saying he opened Haiku and it was asking to be setup again, but yesterday it was there and working fine. He has several iPads that are mounted on the wall as well as other family members with Haiku installed and to my knowledge they haven't had any issues. Whenever he calls with this issue, I don't have a good answer for why it happens, all I can do it just offer to put in the configuration again, but this will now be the 3rd or 4th time this has happened since October.
Just trying to get some ideas.
Thanks!

Matt
This issue is very similar to mine. this happens on my iphone 4. My other phone (3gS) doesn't have this issue.

I guess now we have three users with this issue. :-/ Something seems to be deleting Haiku's data... either iOS, iTunes or a sync tool of some sort. Provided you are not seeing a "database upgrade failed" dialog on launch that is. Another possibility is the device is out of disk space? Although that is less likely.

I am meeting with the customer today. I'll have some time with his iPhone and computer. I'll try playing around with adding the config, syncing with his iTunes library, iCloud etc and see if I can replicate it disappearing. I'll let you know the results.

Sorry it took a while to get back on this. Customer has to re-schedule and I finally got to take a look at this. It seems that when he syncs with iTunes the configuration disappears. I had the config in there, we connected his iPhone to his iMac and iTunes begins its automatic sync and iPhoto pops up to import pictures. When we are all done, open Haiku and it's blank again.
Any ideas on how to resolve this? It's of course important to be able to sync with iTunes yet retain the Haiku config.

Try removing all traces of the Haiku app from iTunes. Seems like an iTunes bug. It should never be removing things like that.

Is the customer perhaps syncing with more than one computer? Also check the sync settings to ensure Haiku is set as an installed app under Apps.

Back