Can you use ElkM1 rules to interact with the ELK-TS071P TouchPanel

morreale

i was wondering if there was a way to have the screen awake after the alarm countdown was happening.

meaning....i open my door and the screen lights up so that i can enter the code and then after a set amount of time the screen dims again.

if the screen is dim after the alarm has been triggered and the screen it happens to be on is the security tab and you touch the screen to awake the keypad. if you dont touch it at the top center it will enter a number as if you were entering the code.

not sure if this makes sense to anyway they way it sounds in my head. i don't see that it has a way to control the keypads but i hope i am wrong. i have 2 of them and i am fairly disappointed in what you get for the money. i wish i would have just used tablets running elkdroid or something like that.

Not that I know of, nothing in rules, etc. to change keypad operation. Might want to confirm with engineering on that.

They have their place in comparison to a tablet and 3rd party hardware...I typically recommend using RMS and building the screens and using the software on a 3rd party tablet.

Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure displaying text will not change the brightness of the unit or KP's for that matter.

Back