Haiku Remote locks control

kevc66

Hello,
I am installing some Kwikset locks into a HAI OmniPro system.Four locks in all. The customer is now using the Haiku app on this system. I am not real familiar with this app. My question is. After installing the locks and setting them up in the HAI system, will the customer be able to control the locks remotely from this app? Also, if yes, do I need to activate anything in the app or will the locks appear after I install them in the system?

Thanks in advance!1

kevc66

They work great inside Haiku. Once you have them programmed in the panel, and can reliably lock and unlock via PC Access or a keypad, then you just need to clear the configuration cache on the device with Haiku to re-read the config from the panel.

Yeah, I have 4 of those locks and it works great. It displays the state of each lock on the home screen.

I will warn you with Zigbee though, if you ONLY have Zigbee locks and the HAI ZIM, you are asking for trouble. Battery Zigbee devices like these locks do not act as Zigbee repeaters. Add a few other devices like Zigbee thermostats, Zigbee control modules, etc., then it will work great.  Leviton needs to better warn people that JUST a few battery operated Zigbee devices alone won't be as reliable as it should be.

If you don't have any other 120V Zigbee devices, I would highly recommend you get something like these:
http://www.simplehomenet.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZigBee_HA_Range_Extender
They are pretty cheap and they work great. You might only need one or two depending on your lock layout.

Back