Connecting Brivis Central Heating to OmniPro

bonster

Hi,

I have wired in my Brivis Central Heating to OmniPro relay but cannot get it to fire into action. On the Brivis controller there is a external interface marked C Y G W & R. I was advised through Brivis the W & R control the off and on and have wired to those connectors.

At the OmniPro end I have connected to a relay and it seems to be working with light going on and off ok but it does not have an impact on the heater control so I clearly don't have something right.

I understand I need to have the heater on and will not be able to control temperature and zones but that is all ok. I am only wanting to be able to either turn it on or off remotely so I can warm the house before arriving home.

Has anyone got past experience with this configuration that can give me the "ah ha" moment of making it work.

thanks in advance.

Peter

If your system uses forced air and has a fan, the furnace may have an interlock that prevents the burner from coming on if the fan is not going.  Usually, the fan is controlled by the G terminal.    So you may need to connect the R terminal to G as well as to W.   It's possible that the G and W are hardwired together, but if your thermostat has a fan setting that allows you to run the fan only, then they are probably independent.   In that case, if you wire W and G together at the relay terminal, you will lose the capability to run the fan by itself.  A solution to this would be to use a 2-pole relay (or two independent single pole relays) so that when the relay is inactive, W and G are not connected.

I know nothing about a Brivis, but it sounds like it connects to a standard thermostat. Wouldn't it be easier to connect it to an OmniStat2, then control that with the OmniPro?

ano said:
I know nothing about a Brivis, but it sounds like it connects to a standard thermostat. Wouldn't it be easier to connect it to an OmniStat2, then control that with the OmniPro?

That's what I am wondering.... this sounds like a standard forced air heater, and needs a regular thermostat interface.

Thanks for the responses. I don't think I can use an Omnistat2 as I would not be able to control the zones from my review of the manual.
I am out of my depth here so will get someone in to look at it.

Thanks,
Peter

Jumper the R and W at the controller and make sure it actually does turn on/off the heater.

You may not be able to override the zoned networker thermostats (if that is what type you have) with the manual W heat input. The system may ignore it. Or it may have to be programmed as emergency heat all zones if possible.

Back