New homeowner/router Omni Pro II Reconnecting

anishabib

Hey folks, I moved into my "smart" home last year, I was able to access and modify the OmniPro using help found on this forum.

About a few months back I changed my ISP from Rogers to Bell. Previously the Rogers router was used a bridge device and the wifi was controlled with the Luxul router that was already configured in the house. After the swap to Bell, I stopped bridging the router since it has a much faster speed and range. I have tried connecting the OmniPro to both the previous Luxul router and the Bell router, added the Port Forwarding to both routers.

This caused me to not be able to access my Leviton Omnitouch from the controller nor the Snaplink app.

I also can no longer connect to the controller using Dealer PC Access -> "Comm Status: Connection Timed Out (10060)".

One thing I noticed is that the Touchscreen IP is now 192.168.x.x when it used to be 169.254.x.x, which was outside the DHCP range, I do not have a way of modifying the Touchscreen IP. From my laptop I can ping the current Touchscreen IP but I cannot ping the Controller Address (I also cannot see the Controller Address on my router connected clients while I can see the touchscreen ip)

Weirdly enough I have no issues with the Russound System or the BitWise controller which I still have connected to the original Luxul router.

I would love to have any advice, ideally I would love to have it connected to my Bell router (only using the Luxul for Russound and Bitwise until I can figure out how to move it over to my Bell router)

Hello anishabib.
A diagram would help. That is, how routers are connected to the internet. 192.168.x.x is the default ip address range of most routers. The most common ranges are 192.168.1.x and 192.168.0.x. 169.254.x.x is usually a default that devices choose when they get no response from their DHCP server.

Hello anishabib.
A diagram would help. That is, how routers are connected to the internet. 192.168.x.x is the default ip address range of most routers. The most common ranges are 192.168.1.x and 192.168.0.x. 169.254.x.x is usually a default that devices choose when they get no response from their DHCP server.
A diagram of what would help? Of my current network setup vs the old setup?

And gotcha, was aware of default 192.168.x.x being assigned, not 169.254.x.x, would it be worth attempting to assigning it the dhcp it used to have manually through my router?

What I'm asking for is the setup you are trying to make work so I don't confuse what you had and what you currently are trying to make work.
On your new setup all the devices need to be on the same subnet. If you would document the ip address of the OmniProII and the ip range the router is handing out thru dhcp. Which Touchscreen do you have. Most of them let you access the ip set up.

Hey folks, I moved into my "smart" home last year, I was able to access and modify the OmniPro using help found on this forum.

About a few months back I changed my ISP from Rogers to Bell. Previously the Rogers router was used a bridge device and the wifi was controlled with the Luxul router that was already configured in the house. After the swap to Bell, I stopped bridging the router since it has a much faster speed and range. I have tried connecting the OmniPro to both the previous Luxul router and the Bell router, added the Port Forwarding to both routers.

This caused me to not be able to access my Leviton Omnitouch from the controller nor the Snaplink app.

I also can no longer connect to the controller using Dealer PC Access -> "Comm Status: Connection Timed Out (10060)".

One thing I noticed is that the Touchscreen IP is now 192.168.x.x when it used to be 169.254.x.x, which was outside the DHCP range, I do not have a way of modifying the Touchscreen IP. From my laptop I can ping the current Touchscreen IP but I cannot ping the Controller Address (I also cannot see the Controller Address on my router connected clients while I can see the touchscreen ip)

Weirdly enough I have no issues with the Russound System or the BitWise controller which I still have connected to the original Luxul router.

I would love to have any advice, ideally I would love to have it connected to my Bell router (only using the Luxul for Russound and Bitwise until I can figure out how to move it over to my Bell router)
I had the same error when I attempted to connect via WAN. LAN connection was working last time I tried.

I found the following solution at:

Copy the below into a text file and save it to your desktop as con_time_out_10060.bat:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset

Double click the file on your desktop and it will run these commands.

Once I did that, I was able to run Dealer PC Access and Snaplink on my computer with no connection issues.

Can someone please comment on why this worked? The why is outside my limited skill set.

Anishabib, please let me know if this worked for you.

Thanks.

You can change IP's or you can change your router configuration such that it matches the old router configuration.

Note that the Omni panels do not do DHCP.

Just write down the configuration of the old router and use this information on the new router removing the default stuff.

1 - IP subnet mask and DHCP scope
2 - LAN Gateway address
3 - it is only one port needed for Internet access so that is the easy piece.

Once the new router is configured like the old router IP stuff then you should be good to go.

Back