OmniPro II deinstall - Lots of used and some new hardware

DThimsen

Over the past few days, I've deinstalled my HAI OmniPro II system. This decision was partly brought on by occasional hardware failures (mostly OmniStat2 thermostats), and the lack of available parts. Also, I haven't worked with (programmed) the system for years - It's probably been 7-8 years since I've run the PC Access program or modified the system.

My questions is how best to sell my decommissioned gear? Piecemeal or try to contact a repair center that works on HAI and try to sell a "bundle"? I've never sold on eBay, but have checked out the pricing on components. Here's a list of what was installed and working up until last Friday:

(1) OmniPro II Controller 20A01-?? (version info illegible writing on the label but looks like 21. The board has EPROMs. Firmware is currently 20A04-2 3.16)
(1) Expansion Enclosure 17A01-2 EPROM is 17A03-1 1.2
(2) OmniTouch consoles
(2) OmniTouch 5.7 consoles
(3) OmniStat2 Thermostats
(1) OmniStat Thermostat
(1) Two way voice module

New Parts (spares):
(2) OmniTouch 5.7 consoles - unboxed but still in plastic wrap

Failed/Damaged Parts:
(2) OmniStat2 Thermostats that stopped communicating with the controller, but the thermostats still work
Wireless Receiver (42A00-1) broke during deinstall probably repairable.
Keypad (working) but damaged the housing bracket during deinstall.

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

• IMG_2684.jpg
    IMG_2684.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Sorry, I've had to do some unexpected travel and won't be back home until the end of the month. I wouldn't be able to ship anything until the first week in Feb...

eleben1 - I'll sell the 3 working OmniStat2 RC-2000WH for $300. I assume you are in the U.S. - I don't want to do any international shipping. Also, I'll cover the USPS shipping.

myyaz33 - Do you mean the actual encloser and not the expansion board? I've pulled the board and the mounting plate from the enclosure, but the enclosure is still being actively used by other gear/cables. It wouldn't be worth the headache to pull that out of the wall.

Sorry, I've had to do some unexpected travel and won't be back home until the end of the month. I wouldn't be able to ship anything until the first week in Feb...

eleben1 - I'll sell the 3 working OmniStat2 RC-2000WH for $300. I assume you are in the U.S. - I don't want to do any international shipping. Also, I'll cover the USPS shipping.

myyaz33 - Do you mean the actual encloser and not the expansion board? I've pulled the board and the mounting plate from the enclosure, but the enclosure is still being actively used by other gear/cables. It wouldn't be worth the headache to pull that out of the wall.

1706071931081.png The 16 input expansion is what I would have interest in.

Over the past few days, I've deinstalled my HAI OmniPro II system. This decision was partly brought on by occasional hardware failures (mostly OmniStat2 thermostats), and the lack of available parts. Also, I haven't worked with (programmed) the system for years - It's probably been 7-8 years since I've run the PC Access program or modified the system.

My questions is how best to sell my decommissioned gear? Piecemeal or try to contact a repair center that works on HAI and try to sell a "bundle"? I've never sold on eBay, but have checked out the pricing on components. Here's a list of what was installed and working up until last Friday:

(1) OmniPro II Controller 20A01-?? (version info illegible writing on the label but looks like 21. The board has EPROMs. Firmware is currently 20A04-2 3.16)
(2) OmniTouch consoles
(1) OmniStat Thermostat
(1) Two way voice module

New Parts (spares):

Failed/Damaged Parts:
(2) OmniStat2 Thermostats that stopped communicating with the controller, but the thermostats still work

Thanks,
Don
I will purchase if available

I will purchase if available

I will sell everything pictured for $2200. Note: The parts above the thermostats are either broken or damaged. Note: Only US buyers please!

Attachments

• IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

(2) OmniTouch consoles
(1) OmniStat Thermostat
(1) Two way voice module

New Parts (spares):

Failed/Damaged Parts:

Thanks,
Don
Hi Don. I volunteer at a non profit museum and just started working on the museums energy management and getting it working again. Would you be interested in donating this equipment to a non profit? If so you can pm me if you wish.

Thank you,
Mike

(2) OmniTouch consoles
(1) OmniStat Thermostat
(1) Two way voice module

New Parts (spares):

Failed/Damaged Parts:

Thanks,
Don
I’m thinking of doing the same. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you replace the HAI system with?

Yes, and I still have all the wiring in place for the windows/door/motion detectors, but I haven't decided if I'm going to reuse that infrastructure for a future security system. So far, I've concentrated for on automation, smoke/CO2, thermostats and a nest doorbell (soon) - the stuff we use everyday.

Back