Loxone Automation

roussell

I ran across Loxone while Googling about for LG TV TCP commands this morning. Has anybody had any experience with it? The configuration interface shown in the videos looks very Premise-ish but the hardware is a small DIN mountable controller. Wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a RaspberryPi or BBB pc hiding under there. Looks like the company is based out of Kentucky.

Terry

I went looking on dub dub loxone dot org and see:

Loxone Electronics is an Austrian Manufacturer of Home Automation equipment, the corporate website is http://www.loxone.com.
LoxOne Automated Systems is not in any way implying or stating any affiliation direct or otherwise with Loxone Electronics. LoxOne Automated Systems is the Home Automation installation & service arm of KeepSafe Systems, a Security Alarm installation and Integration company with roots in Germany. The content and comments within LoxOne.ca do not represent those of Loxone.com, LoxOne Electronics, KeepSafe Systems or the employee's or owners of any of the aformentioned entities. LoxOne.ca is an open community for Home Automation aficionado's as well as anyone interested in affordable highly configurable home automation.

Here is a review of the Loxone Mini Server

Loxone Mini Server

Chatting right now with a company person online relating to their product.

They do answer questions at 859-554-3147 which is the US offices in Kentucky.

They are in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, UK, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Netherlands, Belgium, Hungary, Russia, Brazil, Spain and France and other countries today.

Loaded up the Loxone software to have a look see.  Wondering if there is a test online miniserver to connect to?

Attachments

• Loxone-1.jpg
    Loxone-1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 10
I did a months long trial of a selection of the hardware (not the demo case) and wrote up my experiences for a review for CE Pro.

Now that was a while ago and perhaps they have addressed some my issues.

But very briefly the system has lots of supported protocols, modular hardware, "scripting" of sorts and a good deal more.

The current issue for me was the UI - you have very limited control over the appearance and layout.

While it is easy to get something that works up and running, creating a good UI for something complex like controlling a Home Theater was not going to happen, IMO.

At the time the UI was basically limited to one long column of controls per screen and the order was fixed by control name.

The configuration software is free for download and offers a simulation mode so you can try out just about every aspect of the system.

For many applications it would be a good solution and would also make a good add-on to another system to expand the hardware support.

Check it out.

Thank you Terry and Frederick.

I am curious about it.

@Frederick, do you have a link to your review on CE Pro?

I don't always read CEPro but it sits in the reading room.

pete_c said:
Thank you Terry and Frederick.

I am curious about it.

@Frederick, do you have a link to your review on CE Pro?

I don't always read CEPro but it sits in the reading room.

No I don't - I sent what I had written up (and it was fairly extensive) to Julie but never heard back so I don't know what the outcome was.

But if you decide to try it out I will be glad to try and answer any questions you may have.

Frederick

Hi Frederick,

Do you still have your written review somewhere? I would love to read it. Especially as we've come a long way since 2014 and I'm curious on your view on the system back then.

Florian

FlorianLoxone said:
Hi Frederick,

Do you still have your written review somewhere? I would love to read it. Especially as we've come a long way since 2014 and I'm curious on your view on the system back then.

Florian

I tried to send you a private message but it says that you are not allowed to use messaging feature.

I didn't write a article ready for publication I was leaving that to the publisher.

If I had your email I could send you my rough draft.

Frederick

Back