Arm M1 From Light Command?

I am trying to create a rule that will arm my M1 when a specific light is turned off.

I have been able to create a rule that turns off all light when the M1 is armed when I leave but I can't seem to create a working rule that arms the M1.

I am using UPB for lighting and they have been working flawlessly and respond to rules without a problem. I just can't seem to get an action with a specific light to arm.

Has anyone been able to do something like this successfully?

Is your problem just with one specific light switch?  That is, if you change your rule to trigger when a different light switch is turned off, does that work?

If it won't work with any switch, then your problem may be a question of whether the M1 is seeing the status update from the switch being turned off manually.

You might find this thread helpful.

RAL - thanks for the link to the thread. After going through that and some other information I was able to resolve the issue.

I have over 20 UPB switches and numerous scenes and when I imported that information into ElkRP I forgot that Elk refers to scenes as links and the numbering for them starts around 193 compared to the individual lights which are numbered starting at 1. All of the individual lights are configured as dimmable in ElkRP but each of the imported scenes (links in Elk) are configured as on/off.

I changed my rule to trigger off of a link instead of an individual light and it now executes as expected and I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the the imported scenes are configured as on/off and not dimmable.

Back