Haiku Another Update Bug

heffneil

So I just walked over to one of my iPads runnings the latest Haiku and noticed that the right 1/6th of the screen wasn't in sleep mode. This rightmost sixth was white and bright while the other 5/6 was dark and sleeping.

Just wanted to point out another bug.

Also I thought the new icon for shortcuts was confusing as it looks like I want to mail my screen or message it to someone.  I do miss the old icon.  Not the end of the world but while I was on the subject I thought I would mention it.

Neil

The bug I found is that when you customize the menu at the bottom for instance take audio down to the bottom replacing rooms it won't stay through an off and on session?

The screen blanking and tab bar customization will be fixed in another update.

The favorite buttons icon is actually the default iOS "action" button, not a share button. The icon we used previously was also the default action icon, but it appeared differently pre-iOS 7.

lupinglade said:
The screen blanking and tab bar customization will be fixed in another update.

The favorite buttons icon is actually the default iOS "action" button, not a share button. The icon we used previously was also the default action icon, but it appeared differently pre-iOS 7.
any timeline for a fix.  makes the app painful to use 

When I start the app on my phone everything is black but the top notification bar. I assume this the same bug? The app is completely unusable now.

Wow, first the UGLY update that completely ruins the application for my use.  It was so perfect on wall-mounted iPads with the dark interface, this new "light interface" is ugly on the eyes, difficult to see and completely inconsistent with any UX guidelines I've seen.  Why it couldn't be an 'option" is beyond me.  THEN they add the NAG screen to sell SPACE (which I already own).  REALLY?  If you're going to discontinue support for an expensive application at least leave it usable.  As an alternative, release the source code so we can maintain it ourselves.

Now, just a few days later, another update to "fix bugs", this update is nothing but a BLACK SCREEN on both my iPad and iPhone.  Quit the app, force close, reboot, etc., no go.  

I've been using this app, even though it is rarely updated, along with the HAIKU Helper app on the Mac to run my HAI Home automation system for a couple of years, now it's back to HAI's app (which still works well) or SPACE (which is "ok" but I'm not thrilled with).

What gives here?  Any hope to get back to where we were with this?

There is a bug that causes a blank screen that unfortunately did not show up on our testing devices (it appears to only affect App Store installs). We’re working on a fix and will be submitting it to Apple ASAP.

It is possible to work around this by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Just updated to the latest version and it still doesn't work. Same problem, blank screen with gray bar at the bottom.

longwa said:
Just updated to the latest version and it still doesn't work. Same problem, blank screen with gray bar at the bottom.
Very strange. Try reinstalling Haiku, that should fix it.

I can't reinstall it. Long story short, I bought Haiku and a week later Space came out. I was a little perturbed but I bought space anyway. Then I realized space is terrible and I was a lot perturbed. I asked Apple for a refund on Haiku and they granted it. But....space is still pretty terrible compared to Haiku so I kept using Haiku until space improved.

Now Haiku is unusable (literally) and I can't reinstall it because it doesn't show up as a purchase anymore.

So....yeah.

Jesus that white skin is FUGLY!!!

Where's the "I already have Space Installed" option for the nag screen? 
Or how about it just checks to see.

I'm not sure what the profanity rules are on this forum, but I'm about to unleash a stream of expletives...

The "Don't Show Again" option is equivalent. Your suggestion to check if Space is already installed is a good one, I am not sure if we can do that but I will see if we can in the next update.

The white appearance is the default iOS 7/8 UI. To make the updates possible and to fix the weather and slider bugs we had to move Haiku to the new SDK and UI. We did try to use a black appearance, but unfortunately this causes other UI problems/inconsistencies.

Back