Haiku Another Update Bug

lupinglade said:
The color customization is something we did with Space. However it may be going away with the UI overhaul.
So Space is going to be padlocked to that ugly white interface as well!?

Sigh...

2MuchTech said:
I just updated to Haiku 3.98, and it seems to work on my iPad 4 and iPad Air 2, but my older iPad 2 is a different story. All iPads have current iOS. Running Haiku results in a mostly blank screen (the battery level icon in green displays, and a bar along the bottom displays, but nothing else). Tried rebooting / resetting iPad and still no luck. Also, while I really do appreciate you updating Haiku to resolve the missing slider problem, the new UI colors don't work well for wall mounted displays. The all-white background lights up the entire room at night. The older Haiku version with darker background colors was much easier on the eyes too. If there's an easy way to go back to a color scheme closer to what it used to be, I would appreciate it. Thx.
Are you sure the iPad 2 has 3.98 on it? That blank screen with an empty bar at the bottom is a bug that was fixed in 3.97.

Desert_AIP said:
Jesus that white skin is FUGLY!!!

Where's the "I already have Space Installed" option for the nag screen? 
Or how about it just checks to see.
Perhaps I missed something along the way, but I have never really understood the benefits to users that Space accomplishes that Haiku doesn't?  Certainly I and others have discovered many features in Haiku but not in Space. So I'm wondering just what the Space upgrade accomplishes for users?

ano said:
Perhaps I missed something along the way, but I have never really understood the benefits to users that Space accomplishes that Haiku doesn't?  Certainly I and others have discovered many features in Haiku but not in Space. So I'm wondering just what the Space upgrade accomplishes for users?
Space is a rewrite, it is modern and has many under-the-hood performance and stability improvements as well as lots of design for future features. Space has just about all of the features of Haiku and many new ones. Space is the future and has many new things coming.

I can understand that, but unfortunately us users, the ones who actually buy your product, don't get to see the insides. What we see is a user interface, and we expect this user interface to let us access and control our Leviton system.  HAIku set the bar high here, and at the very least, Space should perform everything HAIku did, considering HAIku users had to repurchase the app.

For example, anyone using HLC uses scenes in each room. HAIku let me select the scenes in each room On, Off, A, B, C, and D. How do I do that in Space?

According to the Apple App Store with your description: "Space is customizable. Set custom control names, icons and backgrounds with just a few taps to make Space represent the features and feel of your, well... space." 

O.K. How do I set "custom control names?"  How about custom icons?  In fact I even have an easier question. 

You have said if you delete a unit's short name it doesn't show up, but HLC requires that I name the first unit of each room with the room name. How do I prevent these scene controllers/Room Names from showing up as a unit in Space? 

ano said:
I can understand that, but unfortunately us users, the ones who actually buy your product, don't get to see the insides. What we see is a user interface, and we expect this user interface to let us access and control our Leviton system.  HAIku set the bar high here, and at the very least, Space should perform everything HAIku did, considering HAIku users had to repurchase the app.

For example, anyone using HLC uses scenes in each room. HAIku let me select the scenes in each room On, Off, A, B, C, and D. How do I do that in Space?
Just add the room unit to your extended setup room or access the room unit normally under Control. The scene selection option is there.

According to the Apple App Store with your description: "Space is customizable. Set custom control names, icons and backgrounds with just a few taps to make Space represent the features and feel of your, well... space." 

O.K. How do I set "custom control names?"  How about custom icons?  In fact I even have an easier question. 

Tap and hold on an icon and you will get a pop up menu with these options where applicable.

You have said if you delete a unit's short name it doesn't show up, but HLC requires that I name the first unit of each room with the room name. How do I prevent these scene controllers/Room Names from showing up as a unit in Space? 
After programming the unit for HLC you can remove the short name in PC Access if you like.

Generally, I would recommend you use extended setup rooms and not the old HLC groupings as extended setup is much more flexible and allows adding of almost any item in your system into any number of rooms.

The Control section is mainly for items that are not assigned to a room, outputs, flags, etc and for systems with old firmware. Which I really recommend upgrading to get extended setup, without it you are missing out on a lot of functionality.

I made the mistake of updating to ios9. Now my nice 3.97 black backgroup app doesnt work. It loads then force closes. The white background is horrendous and I refuse to use it looking like that. Is there any way to update Haiku back to the black background in ios9?

Back