Haiku Space - ok I tried it

heffneil

I am trying space on my ipad as a test.  I have some issues where cameras aren't consistently coming up - just shows connecting.  They will show at times - but I don't know why they don't consistently come up.

Also is there some way to order the cameras in the multipage?

Thanks!

Neil

Also it doesn't seem like the cameras are refreshing.  I am using Mjpeg - even tried jpg but no difference?  I am running an everfocus DVR system that works well with Haiku?

What setting am I missing?

Thanks,

Neil

Also did anyone notice that when you click on a camera, it doesn't show the title at the top but "Camera". Shouldn't it show us the title?  

Neil

heffneil said:
Also did anyone notice that when you click on a camera, it doesn't show the title at the top but "Camera". Shouldn't it show us the title?  

Neil
This will be fixed in the next update, thanks.

heffneil said:
Also it doesn't seem like the cameras are refreshing.  I am using Mjpeg - even tried jpg but no difference?  I am running an everfocus DVR system that works well with Haiku?

What setting am I missing?
Can you contact me with test access? I can check what might be the problem, JPEG should always work.

heffneil said:
Also is there some way to order the cameras in the multipage?
They are sorted by the camera #. For cameras defined on the controller's Extended Setup, this is the order they appear on the controller. For cameras defined in Space, the camera number can be customized when editing the camera settings.

I've started using Space again this week (mostly b/c I don't like the bright new look of Haiku) and it's starting to grow on me.

Do you have any timeline for when the UI updates will be finished. Also, are you going to offer any upgrade pricing for Space Server. I really want to play around with Haiku Helper, but I don't want to buy it and then have to buy something else.

Honestly just a few changes would make things so much better:

1. Put all the icons on the home page, maybe lose the clock (although theres room either way) (except in Wall Mount mode, then I think it makes more sense as-is).
2. Add a bit of status on the main icons (red security icon if anything is insecure, status on climate if heat/air running, maybe a little counter on control of the number of lights/outputs active, etc.)
3. Add more icons.

Things I really like about space:
1. It's not super bright in the dark (if you have a dark background) like Haiku is now
2. It's faster for me to get to my buttons and activate them (Haiku requires a few more clicks unless it's a favorite)
3. Touch ID for the win

@longwa: Feel free to purchase HaikuHelper, let me know when you want to upgrade to Space Server (once its available) and I will issue you a coupon.

The new UI updates will be available likely alongside iOS 9. The new UI will require iOS 9 due to us using some new technologies from Apple to make the UI better. We will likely do a public beta before iOS 9 ships to get some feedback/testing.

Anyone with experience in UI design/who feels they can provide good feedback can PM me to register for the coming beta. We'll be posting some screenshots later too. The UI is very different from what Space looks like currently. Sort of an evolution of both Haiku and Space.

Concepts/ideas on how to make your ideal UI are welcome too.

@lupinglade: Surely you are getting close to releasing something by now? Space Server, Space rework? Any sneak peeks to hold us over?

Good luck getting "sneak peaks". Been asked many times.... never any acknowledgement or response. The entire UI had to be reworked because "sneak peaks" were refused from the beginning. It could have saved them all the hassle had they just posted screenshots and asked THE PAYING CUSTOMERS what they thought. But nope. Nothing has changed this time around. Dont hold your breath.

Back