ELK-6050 Wireless Smoke Detector false alarm

MrTea

Banned
I bought 2 wireless smoke detectors ELK-6050 because it is 2 way wireless system.  I got this unit program and communicate with the main ELK unit just fine.  When I remove the battery, the main ELK notify me.  If one detector trigger the other rest of the detectors will alarm sound too.   
For last a few times one of the detector sound for no reason at random times.  I did not smell or see any smokes.  Only one sound and not the rest of them.  The main ELK alarm did not register any alarm trigger from the detector.  What's going one?  Is there a way to set the smoke sensitivity lower.  I replace the fresh battery no help.
I have moved it to different place and sometimes it still trigger middle of the night.   So far I am able to keep it from sounding when I put in inside my bedroom drawer closed.  So far I am not impressed with this wireless smoke detector.  I got more false alarm than real one.  Anyone have the same issue?

The first thing that I would do is to exchange this detector with one of the others that are working properly and see if the problem moves with the unit.

Mike.

It beeping, not chirping and not long beep.  Just beep, beep, beep..  Sounds like smoke detector is trigger except the other detector not sound, just this one and the main ELK do not register any violation/fire.
The other detector happen too randomly too but now I find a spot upstairs in the closet and it does not false alarm anymore.  More like I need to find a sweet spot for this detector but the ELK main alarm does not register fire.   Maybe because it is wireless interferences..

My 6050 does not beep when it alarms. I think that the sound is called a klaxon horn but it is definitely not a beep beep beep. A low battery on the other hand does beep. I know that you have changed the battery but maybe it is a faulty sensor. Try swapping it with one of your other smoke detectors to see if the problem follows the device.

Mike.

Back