Monitoring companies

I've been going through somewhat the same process of trying to find a monitoring company, and I think you will find that a lot depends on what you are monitoring (Elk, Omni, DSC, Honeywell, etc), how you want it monitored (POTS, internet, cellular, dual path), what extra equipment, if any, will be needed to do that (Uplink, Telguard, ipDatatel), and your price sensitivity. 

There are tons of threads on here in addition to the 4 RAL cited above, with lots of good information, but some of the older ones do not reflect what is now available or technology changes.

Once you define what you think you want, call two or three of the companies that look like a good fit for you and see if they can do it as you would like it done.

+1 for AlarmRelay.  Using them for about three years.  Elk M1G with Internet & POTS reporting.  Great customer service.

I'm exploring adding cellular reporting and need to explore options with AlarmRelay.  This may change my opinion.....

Yes; it's basically POTS, Wireless or using the Internet and in that order. 

The weak link can be the ISP connection.  Historically the ISP connection started as DSL, then cable and finally fiber. 

All of this CS monitoring stuff is only as good as your transport.  (while I can its still primarily POTS with a cellular backup).  New fiber (I also use) is good and old cable (I do not use) is bad.

In my testing I was already using Next Alarm (for years) and decided to write and experiment picking one vendor at random which was a big mistake.

Back